New Holy Father entrusts Pontificate to Our Lady

2 minute video

http://airmaria.com/2013/03/14/pope-fran...e-to-mary/

Pope Francis Entrusts his Pontificate to Mary
Thursday, March 14th, 2013

One of the first things that Pope Francis did at the start of his pontificate was to go to St Mary Major to dedicate his pontificate to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate staff the sacristy there so those friars definitely got a chance to meet the Pope. Our new Pope seems to be very prayerful.

March 14, 2013 (Romereports.com) (-ONLY VIDEO-) During his first morning as Pope, Francis prayed for nearly 30 minutes at the altar of Rome’s Basilica of St. Mary Major. He left a floral arrangement at the altar, after entrusting his pontificate to the Virgin Mary.

[Image: ap-italy-vatican-pope-x-large.jpg]
I am starting to get a good feeling about him. He seems like he is a very Marian Pope.

Just something to keep in mind as far as Sancta Maria Maggiore:

1. St Ignatius of Loyola and his companions made their vows in Parish on 15th August 1534 - the Feast of the Assumption of Our Lady.

2. Also St Ignatius celebrated his first Mass at Sancta Maria Maggiore.

3. Pope Francis is a Jesuit.
That's wonderful.  Another clue that he could be the Pope who consecrates Russia,  He's a Mamma's Boy!  Hopefully, Ave Maria.  You know I would find that so very difficult to pray knowing that half the world is watching you do so, and seeing cameras pointing at you all the time.  I don't know what'd I do, probably stay holed up in my room all day.  :)
(03-14-2013, 03:33 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I am starting to get a good feeling about him. He seems like he is a very Marian Pope.

He's Latin American. Our Lady is practically the fourth person in the trinity there. He also has a very strong devotion to the Infant Christ.  
(03-14-2013, 03:33 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I am starting to get a good feeling about him. He seems like he is a very Marian Pope.

He won't go wrong with Mary looking out for him (and us.)
Perhaps a Jesuits like these that prayed the rosary every day as Our Lady asked at Fatima, and survived Hiroshima, will Consecrate Russia.

tim
JP2 was very Marian also.

His Pontificate was a real doozy.
(03-14-2013, 04:28 PM)ggreg Wrote: JP2 was very Marian also.

So Marian he helped her improve the rosary.

Oh wait...
(03-14-2013, 07:39 PM)Sigfrid Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 04:28 PM)ggreg Wrote: JP2 was very Marian also.

So Marian he helped her improve the rosary.

Oh wait...

Our lady wanted russia consecrated so instead he added the luminous mysteries  :eyeroll: