New Holy Father entrusts Pontificate to Our Lady
The luminous mysteries are a forced option. You can either pray them or pray them. Yep.
Meditating upon the Luminous Mysteries, events in the Life of Our Lord, whilst praying the Rosary can bear fruit in souls.

And who doesn't wish David had spend a little less time watching Bathsheba, and a little more time writing Psalms?  :)
(03-14-2013, 09:08 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: The luminous mysteries are a forced option. You can either pray them or pray them. Yep.

How are they a "forced option"?  Nobody can force me to say them.  

If a Pope declares them a required part of the Rosary, I still won't say them.  I'll switch from the Dominican Rosary to the Servite Rosary or continue saying the Dominican Rosary as I've always said it.  For years I said during Mass "and my soul shall be healed" rather than "I shall be healed"; now the Missal has got it right and everyone says "and my soul shall be healed."  (Yes, I do attend an OF Mass.  If you can get a priest to start saying the EF where I could attend it, I would very happily go there.  I loved the EF when it was The Mass.  At least my OF parish has always had reverent liturgies and the church was never wreckovated but renovated twenty years ago by a priest who made it look more traditional than it did before Vatican II).

If a Pope declares that we must say the optional mysteries, is he going to send out the Swiss Guards to enforce the option in Catholic homes?  He doesn't have enough "troops" to do that within the city of Rome.  They probably couldn't enforce it within Vatican City.

(03-15-2013, 01:58 AM)Revixit Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 09:08 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: The luminous mysteries are a forced option. You can either pray them or pray them. Yep.

How are they a "forced option"?  Nobody can force me to say them.  

If a Pope declares them a required part of the Rosary, I still won't say them.  I'll switch from the Dominican Rosary to the Servite Rosary or continue saying the Dominican Rosary as I've always said it.  For years I said during Mass "and my soul shall be healed" rather than "I shall be healed"; now the Missal has got it right and everyone says "and my soul shall be healed."  (Yes, I do attend an OF Mass.  If you can get a priest to start saying the EF where I could attend it, I would very happily go there.  I loved the EF when it was The Mass.  At least my OF parish has always had reverent liturgies and the church was never wreckovated but renovated twenty years ago by a priest who made it look more traditional than it did before Vatican II).

If a Pope declares that we must say the optional mysteries, is he going to send out the Swiss Guards to enforce the option in Catholic homes?  He doesn't have enough "troops" to do that within the city of Rome.  They probably couldn't enforce it within Vatican City.

I've prayed them but ONLY separately from the other 3 as I believe the original are like a 150 psalters to Mary, like psalms are 150. 200 doesn't feel right and I do feel its a slight at Mary for not consecrating russia as she asked. My reaction is I feel sorrow that Mary's command wasn't fulfilled. I only pray luminous for intentions for the church as they are from the church, 10 years or so old.

As I pray them, I don't FEEL anything meaningful in mediations. They're also superfluous as they reflect similar aspects in the other mysteries:

1.baptism in jordan = 4. The presentation ;
2. Wedding in cana = 3.descent of HS;
3. Proclamation Of God kingdom = 5. The crucifixion ; 
4. Proclamation = 1. Annunciation ;
5. Eucharist = 4. Assumption
(03-14-2013, 02:27 PM)Magdalene Wrote:
2 minute video

http://airmaria.com/2013/03/14/pope-fran...e-to-mary/

Pope Francis Entrusts his Pontificate to Mary
Thursday, March 14th, 2013

One of the first things that Pope Francis did at the start of his pontificate was to go to St Mary Major to dedicate his pontificate to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate staff the sacristy there so those friars definitely got a chance to meet the Pope. Our new Pope seems to be very prayerful.

March 14, 2013 (Romereports.com) (-ONLY VIDEO-) During his first morning as Pope, Francis prayed for nearly 30 minutes at the altar of Rome’s Basilica of St. Mary Major. He left a floral arrangement at the altar, after entrusting his pontificate to the Virgin Mary.

[Image: ap-italy-vatican-pope-x-large.jpg]