I just had a theory as to why the EF may have been forbade in Buenos Aires
If SSPX, SSPV, and CMRI parishes are down there, he may have been afraid of allowing to develop the very anger that we are seeing across the internet in actual diocesan Masses. If I were an archbishop and afraid of a lot of angry, bitter people developing in my diocese, I'd try to stop it too. Maybe he didn't go about it the best way, but he can't throw everything out unless he would literally want a revolution on his hands. I think we should all just stay calm and collected. No one wants to work with angry people. The anger seen can only harm us.

But was/is it forbidden?  It was said here that there were at least three TLMs in Buenos Aires.
Keep trying...
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(03-14-2013, 06:47 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Keep trying...
People can have more than one reason for doing something. If I were him, I'd be super pissed at how the traddies have reacted yesterday and today. Bashing someone from minute one is not a good way to get that someone to like you.
(03-14-2013, 06:50 PM)Farmer88 Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 06:47 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Keep trying...
People can have more than one reason for doing something. If I were him, I'd be super pissed at how the traddies have reacted yesterday and today. Bashing someone from minute one is not a good way to get that someone to like you.

You're missing the point.  It's not a popularity contest.  Who cares who likes who?  It's about the faith.  The faith.  Bergoglio was celebrating Hanukkah barely three months ago.  Before that he had balloon stadium masses and conga masses.  He's a child of the new theology.  These are facts.  These are pieces of evidence.  They don't go away simply because we want a 'nice pope.'  They go away when he denounces his grave and public scandal.  What's all this about 'giving a chance?'  He's got it, he's had it, he'll have it til the day he dies.  The 'bashing' isn't a personality feud, it's bashing of his doctrine, of what he believes.  If I'm wrong in believing Catholics shouldn't celebrate Hanukkah or believe in changing dogmas then I'm wrong, or he's wrong for believing it.  What you see as 'bashing' are faithful Catholics fed up with shepherds who poison them.  I'll sit tight and wait for him to prove he's distinguishably Catholic, but I'm not going to pretend that he's some shining beacon of orthodoxy in the meantime.

If it makes you feel any better, if I'd have been aware of these scandals before his election, I'd have spoken up against it then.  As it so happens, I was busy speaking up against Ratzinger's errors. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
something tells me he was not checking out the english speaking internet from the IPhone he probably does not own, yesterday  :LOL:
(03-14-2013, 07:20 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: You're missing the point.  ... It's about the faith.  The faith.  Bergoglio was celebrating Hanukkah barely three months ago.  Before that he had balloon stadium masses and conga masses.  He's a child of the new theology.  These are facts.  These are pieces of evidence.  They don't go away simply because we want a 'nice pope.' 

Aye. 

I swear, it's like we're talking to Obama voters who won't even consider the man's record.