Pope Francis DID NOT Kneel Down to Get Blessing From Protestants
(03-15-2013, 10:53 AM)ggreg Wrote: 2 minutes on Google and I have already found a site with a photograph of the priest blessing Cardinal Bergoglio, being blessed by a man in a shirt and tie.  One would assume therefore a Protestant minister.  [edit confirmed below]

So as I correctly guessed an ecumenical love-in

Matt, needs to do more research.  And you need to be a little more objective in your thinking nmoerbeek

http://www.rccarqba.com.ar/

[Image: creces2.jpg]

That isn't the Cardinal. It's a Franciscan priest.
No sh!t Sherlock.  Read my post.
Wow, how pitiful on the part of the neo-con and the neo-trad.  

Looking forward to exonerations of the ecumenism at the same event, celebrating Hanukkah and the NO.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I saw the headline, and then your picture. Yeah, I should have read what you wrote more closely.

You're enjoying this way too much, Ggregg. I really don't get the mentality that gets a thrill from wallowing in scandal. If you're right and this guy is a disaster, then congratulations. But if the Pope corresponds with the grace of his office and actually does some good, then I'll enjoy myself watching you eat crow. Not that you'd ever admit if you were wrong.
Mith

Barney the Dinosaur was actually a traditional Christian symbol used in the Catacombs which pre-dates the Latin Rite.

That is how they kept the slave children entertained while they were waiting to be thrown to the lions.

(03-15-2013, 11:43 AM)Larry Wrote: I saw the headline, and then your picture. Yeah, I should have read what you wrote more closely.

You're enjoying this way too much, Ggregg. I really don't get the mentality that gets a thrill from wallowing in scandal. If you're right and this guy is a disaster, then congratulations. But if the Pope corresponds with the grace of his office and actually does some good, then I'll enjoy myself watching you eat crow. Not that you'd ever admit if you were wrong.

Right, so it is MY FAULT now is it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cut the realists some slack here and let us be pleasantly surprised by a Thomas-a-Becket style transformation in Pope Francis.  If we spurn his attempts to restore order to the Church, then you can fairly accuse us of bad-will.  I think the onus is on this Pope to win our trust back.  Until he does I will continue to bring reality to the fore.
To be honest, you two don't act much like Catholics resisting error, but rather as disgruntled people spreading despair.  Would you be happy if the rest of us began to devote all of our time to gloomy forecasts, and snarky remarks?  You aren't resisting anything at all, but merely talking loudly while the world continues to march along unopposed.

Sorry, but there's too much to be done and now that I've already heard enough to have a vague idea of what the new pope is like, I'm going to move on and accomplish those things within my own abilities.  I'm just not the sort of person that gets hung up over bad news - especially that which hasn't happened yet.

Arguing over the truth or untruth of the Protestant blessing report is a silly waste of time and serves merely as a distraction from real work.  God has not chosen to give either of you the authority necessary to depose the pope and put a new one into his place.

It would be far more constructive if you would help Vox put together a war plan to convince a few more priests to permit a Latin Mass.  The more graces we get flowing, the faster this crisis will be over.

At times like this it's good to recall a quote from one of my favorite saints:

“Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices.”
― Teresa of Ávila

(03-15-2013, 11:46 AM)ggreg Wrote:
(03-15-2013, 11:43 AM)Larry Wrote: I saw the headline, and then your picture. Yeah, I should have read what you wrote more closely.

Right, so it is MY FAULT now is it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cut the realists some slack here and let us be pleasantly surprised by a Thomas-a-Becket style transformation in Pope Francis.  If we spurn his attempts to restore order to the Church, then you can fairly accuse us of bad-will.  I think the onus is on this Pope to win our trust back.  Until he does I will continue to bring reality to the fore.

I agree with you like 99.9% of the time. I've attended SSPX, Indult or Eastern Rite Masses exclusively for close to 25 years, and am pretty  hard line when it comes to the modernists. And I'm  not denying that the Pope did a lot of goofy things before he took the chair of Peter. I'm just saying that we should give the guy a chance and see if, through the grace of the Holy Spirit, he'll step up and act as Peter.
Goofy?

This is Goofy

[Image: pope.jpg]

This Hetrrodox

[Image: Pope+Francis.JPG]
I was thinking of Barney, but yeah, that's pretty bad.