Celebrities trash the Pope and the Church
Some of them are jews and others lapse Catholics. They're not being very charitable are they?

But if someone asked the simple question "why should we care what an atheist or jew has to say about our pope?" That of course would necessitate apology.

Catholics really need to step up and condemn these attacks.

Seems to me that "traditional Catholics" are doing a pretty good job of trashing the Pope right here on a traditional Catholic forum. If we can't respect our own Pope, why bother to get upset about non-Catholics disrespecting him?
I'll be worried the day these kind of people start lauding the Pope and the Church.
(03-15-2013, 03:15 PM)Grasshopper Wrote: Seems to me that "traditional Catholics" are doing a pretty good job of trashing the Pope right here on a traditional Catholic forum. If we can't respect our own Pope, why bother to get upset about non-Catholics disrespecting him?

That's disingenuous. Outliers simply will trash any pope no matter what. They hate the church and its rules and morals.
Trads want the original faith order to followed.
(03-15-2013, 03:03 PM)Ursus Wrote: Some of them are jews and others lapse Catholics. They're not being very charitable are they?

But if someone asked the simple question "why should we care what an atheist or jew has to say about our pope?" That of course would necessitate apology.

Catholics really need to step up and condemn these attacks.

Exactally. You know what would happen if one says something about mohammed. Why should be so easy going?
(03-15-2013, 03:15 PM)Grasshopper Wrote: Seems to me that "traditional Catholics" are doing a pretty good job of trashing the Pope right here on a traditional Catholic forum. If we can't respect our own Pope, why bother to get upset about non-Catholics disrespecting him?

Well, to play devil's advocate here, there is a difference between being disappointed in your own father, and having someone else mock him.
(03-15-2013, 03:42 PM)Parmandur Wrote:

Well, to play devil's advocate here, there is a difference between being disappointed in your own father, and having someone else mock him.

Well there certainly seems to be a lot of mocking going on among his own (so-called) children, so I think Grasshopper's point stands..
The only "Celebrity" I've heard of on the list was Liz Phair, too.  She is not a comedienne but a Lilith Fair type indie folk singer of the mid 90's.... so this is like the "bargain bin" of celebrities anyway.

The only judge the Pope has now is God Almighty...

Well said, Grasshopper.
(03-15-2013, 03:21 PM)CatholicMatthew Wrote: I'll be worried the day these kind of people start lauding the Pope and the Church.

http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-re...ancis.html

Press Release - ADL Congratulates New Pope Francis

New York, NY, March 13, 2013 … The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today welcomed the election of
Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina as the next Pope Francis.