Scruples article to share
I just came upon this and skimmed through it, was impressed and thought I'd share.

http://www.chastitysf.com/q_scruples.htm

It's really long to post here so I poted the link.

(03-16-2013, 03:17 AM)candyapple Wrote: I just came upon this and skimmed through it, was impressed and thought I'd share.

My childhood pot-smoking priest said Mom made us too scrupulous. She busted up in his confessional and pulled him out (I never saw him again; he left town for some reason, then we had a new priest.) Mom would have us write our examinations down and take them in to read them so we wouldn't forget anything. (She didn't read our sins; they were private and in colored pencil.) She also taught us that we all screw up and to improve we have to get absolved and do our prayers (rosaries, et al), and we move on or we're in sin again for not moving on. So I'll agree this questioner needs to chill out, and the first response was crazy mean, but what was the critique about "while you’re praying the Rosary, you might find yourself drifting into fantasies—often sexual" ??? Does anyone do that for real? And if so, which mystery? (I'll keep a closer eye on my husband and son!)

Thanks for the link: I'll go over it more and share it with my family! (You never know what a priest is going to tell your kid, so it's good for them to be armed with this kind of knowledge.) I did like it. I've just never heard of sexual thoughts during an Ave.
I have never heard of fantasies during rosary prayer time either. In fact, I always thought praying the rosary would do the opposite.

The part of the article that was interesting is in general how scruples could actually be repressed anger.
(03-16-2013, 03:52 AM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 03:17 AM)candyapple Wrote: I just came upon this and skimmed through it, was impressed and thought I'd share.

My childhood pot-smoking priest said Mom made us too scrupulous. She busted up in his confessional and pulled him out (I never saw him again; he left town for some reason, then we had a new priest.) Mom would have us write our examinations down and take them in to read them so we wouldn't forget anything. (She didn't read our sins; they were private and in colored pencil.) She also taught us that we all screw up and to improve we have to get absolved and do our prayers (rosaries, et al), and we move on or we're in sin again for not moving on. So I'll agree this questioner needs to chill out, and the first response was crazy mean, but what was the critique about "while you’re praying the Rosary, you might find yourself drifting into fantasies—often sexual" ??? Does anyone do that for real? And if so, which mystery? (I'll keep a closer eye on my husband and son!)

Thanks for the link: I'll go over it more and share it with my family! (You never know what a priest is going to tell your kid, so it's good for them to be armed with this kind of knowledge.) I did like it. I've just never heard of sexual thoughts during an Ave.

I've heard of that website in a good way, i.e.  it's orthodox but that response about the rosary gives off warning signals. I wouldn't share that with my family.
Lynne

+JMJ+

"Certainly, you must be informed about modern errors because preaching the truth involves preaching about distancing oneself from error; but do not make the negative, secondary aspect into the most important! Your first aim is not to fight against error but to know the truth. Your central concern should be study, your sanctification, silence, meditation, and the exercise of charity." - Archbishop Lefebvre
Thanks Lynne; my husband insisted it would be inappropriate to share unless the kids were actually not focused on the Mysteries and seemed to have "issues", and then we'd take them to the priest (we've had a good run of priests lately!)