Francis gives Apostolic Blessing "silently" so as not to offend
At his audience with the members of the media this am, the pope imparted his Apostolic Blessing in silence out of "respect" for the non-Catholics and atheists present:

He imparted his apostolic blessing, however, in silence – out of respect, he said, for the fact that “not everyone present belongs to the Catholic faith and others do not believe.” “I respect the conscience of each one of you”, he said, “knowing that each one of you is a Child of God.May God bless you”.

My source? It's straight from the Vatican, folks: http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis-...a-and-name

This is an audience with members of the mostly-secular media. I'm surprised he blessed them at all.

:LOL:
(03-16-2013, 11:29 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: This is an audience with members of the mostly-secular media. I'm surprised he blessed them at all.

:LOL:

The hermeneutic of denial begins....
On second thought they probably need it the most.
(03-16-2013, 11:32 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote: The hermeneutic of denial begins....

What the heck is that? Sounds like a painful disease.
My first thought was O no!  Dont be silent!. My next thought was I wonder what St Francis or St Alphonsus Liguori,  St Anthony, St Vincent Ferrer, esp St Vincent would have done. Sounds like he was trying to be "pc". Its early however, give him time. This merely shows he needs our prayers and rosaries.
(03-16-2013, 11:33 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 11:32 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote: The hermeneutic of denial begins....

What the heck is that? Sounds like a painful disease.

Well under John Paul II we had the "hermeneutic of rupture". Under Benedict we had the "hermeneutic of continuity," and under Francis we will have the "hermeneutic of denial." It means that  people will interpret his actions by denying they have any significance at all.
(03-16-2013, 11:35 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: My first thought was O no!  Dont be silent!. My next thought was I wonder what St Francis or St Alphonsus Liguori,  St Anthony, St Vincent Ferrer, esp St Vincent would have done. Sounds like he was trying to be "pc". Its early however, give him time. This merely shows he needs our prayers and rosaries.

Yes, this as almost as horrible as when Pope Leo XIII invited the Head of the Church of England to the Vatican, rolled out the red carpet, praised him, gave him an autograph, and never once mentioned he was a Protestant. 
(03-16-2013, 11:24 AM)BrendanD Wrote: At his audience with the members of the media this am, the pope imparted his Apostolic Blessing in silence out of "respect" for the non-Catholics and atheists present:

He imparted his apostolic blessing, however, in silence – out of respect, he said, for the fact that “not everyone present belongs to the Catholic faith and others do not believe.” “I respect the conscience of each one of you”, he said, “knowing that each one of you is a Child of God.May God bless you”.

My source? It's straight from the Vatican, folks: http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis-...a-and-name

Amazing!  He is so humble!  Don't you think he expresses the best humility?  What leadership!  Clearly, someone to look up to!  We are such bastards!  I love our humble pope!
(03-16-2013, 11:44 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 11:35 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote: My first thought was O no!  Dont be silent!. My next thought was I wonder what St Francis or St Alphonsus Liguori,  St Anthony, St Vincent Ferrer, esp St Vincent would have done. Sounds like he was trying to be "pc". Its early however, give him time. This merely shows he needs our prayers and rosaries.

Yes, this as almost as horrible as when Pope Leo XIII invited the Head of the Church of England to the Vatican, rolled out the red carpet, praised him, and never once mentioned he was a Protestant. 

Like I said, when I see something like this, I would love to see how the above-mentioned saints, ot St Pio would have handled this.