Francis gives Apostolic Blessing "silently" so as not to offend
(03-16-2013, 12:28 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 12:05 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: Honestly, I think this is one of the biggest reasons our disappointment with the church hierarchy is so great, and I include myself in here. We hold our most recent popes to the standard of the saints and to the polished image of our former popes, the ones most of us weren't alive to know about at the time and which google didn't have their ever present eye upon. We get the dusted off, polished versions of these good men. And I do think they were good men, I don't think it's completely real. Do we really know everything our former popes did and said, both before their pontificate and after? Maybe, but I really don't think so. We get the hero version. I'm not denying that modernism is a huge problem influencing and infecting us today, most of us, including posters on Catholic forums and all levels of the church in one way or another, like Popes Leo XIII and Pius X already pointed out.  But seriously, if we are waiting for a pope to be a textbook version of St Padre Pio you will always end up disappointed. I'm afraid even so if St Pio himself came back and was elected pope. Of course that doesn't keep me from praying for the same...

All we want is a Catholic pope who believes in the Catholic Church.

"Rome will loose the faith"

Our Blessed Mother's words are coming true.

(03-16-2013, 01:12 PM)Allan Wrote: Father, we are all in great distress here.  Please tell us...what must we do to save our souls and those of our loved ones? What do we do? How to we respond?

No sarcasm here...all serious. 

Not to speak for fr c but I can't imagine his answer would varymuchfrom mine: get thehell out of th NO

FRom phone
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(03-16-2013, 01:12 PM)Allan Wrote: Father, we are all in great distress here.  Please tell us...what must we do to save our souls and those of our loved ones? What do we do? How to we respond?

No sarcasm here...all serious. 

You don't need Father, me or anyone here to tell you that. You have the 10 commandments, the 6 commandments of the church, the 2 great commandments given by Jesus and the magestarium  of the church.
But isn't it un-Catholic to simply live the entire faith outside the Church, and "write it off" as I think I am hearing...?
Allan, you're not "outside" the Church merely by avoiding all of the novelties of the Vatican II revolt. 

It's those who accept (and especially, those who celebrate and welcome) those novelties who are in danger of departing from the Church.

We trads have stayed, and are staying, exactly where we always were, firmly within the Catholic Church.

Don't let the Father of Lies create any doubt about that.
(03-16-2013, 01:29 PM)Allan Wrote: But isn't it un-Catholic to simply live the entire faith outside the Church, and "write it off" as I think I am hearing...?

Yes, yes it is.  It is more than un-Catholic, it is sinful.  Do not let despair grip your heart and lead to apostasy or schism.  Man up and stand firm; God reigns in heaven.
(03-16-2013, 02:09 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 01:29 PM)Allan Wrote: But isn't it un-Catholic to simply live the entire faith outside the Church, and "write it off" as I think I am hearing...?

Yes, yes it is.  It is more than un-Catholic, it is sinful.  Do not let despair grip your heart and lead to apostasy or schism.  Man up and stand firm; God reigns in heaven.

He ain't outside though. Neither are SSPXers or sedes. Basta ya hombre.
Paramandur if yr going to be a neocon at least be a good one and celebrate yr separated brethren

Stop being a schismatic ahainst christian unity
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(03-16-2013, 02:18 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Paramandur if yr going to be a neocon at least be a good one and celebrate yr separated brethren

Stop being a schismatic ahainst christian unity

Pope Francis said we need Anglicans. Doesn't Parm agree? Why won't Parm go light a menora while he's at it?
(03-16-2013, 02:11 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 02:09 PM)Parmandur Wrote:

He ain't outside though. Neither are SSPXers or sedes. Basta ya hombre.

Allan, if you hadn't noticed, has been openly despairing on the forums.  I was trying to encourage him, rather than, you know, discouraging him.  :eyeroll:

As to who is outside the Church: a necessary component of being Catholic is acknowledging Francis as Pope.  Simple as that.  Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.  :pipe: