Francis gives Apostolic Blessing "silently" so as not to offend
(03-16-2013, 03:05 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 02:35 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: The rules only apply when they suit your needs then. Just like a baby.

Here's your theme song

I am so glad you are here to demonstrate true Christian charity to me; clearly, you are someone that reasonable people would wish to emulate in your holiness.  :incense:

The evidence is all over this forum about your lack of charity and blatant disregard of forum rules. The forum rules say that sedes are Catholics. They say no debate pro or con, but I guess that doesn't apply to you.

I try to be nice to all men, especially to my brethren in Christ, but you're acting like an asshole, so I won't hesitate to call you one.

You best believe I ain't holy. No one who thinks they're holy is anyway.

You try to play both cards of neo con logic but come off as extremely pompous. A man who supposedly despises those who judge without authority does the same.
(03-16-2013, 03:16 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: The evidence is all over this forum about your lack of charity and blatant disregard of forum rules. The forum rules say that sedes are Catholics. They say no debate pro or con, but I guess that doesn't apply to you.

I try to be nice to all men, especially to my brethren in Christ, but you're acting like an asshole, so I won't hesitate to call you one.

You try to play both cards of neo con logic but come off as extremely pompous. A man who supposedly despises those who judge without authority does the same.

Frankly, I won't lose any sleep if you don't like me or want to call me names.  It angers me that you not only put your soul at risk, but tempt others as well, and I admit that it causes me to lash out perhaps when I shouldn't.  But I don't do it to call names.  I do try to keep to the forum rules, though I admit to not being perfect. 

If you feel like I am an asshole, boo-hoo.  But a Catholic is in communion with the Pope.  Full stop.
(03-16-2013, 03:22 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 03:16 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: The evidence is all over this forum about your lack of charity and blatant disregard of forum rules. The forum rules say that sedes are Catholics. They say no debate pro or con, but I guess that doesn't apply to you.

Frankly, I won't lose any sleep if you don't like me or want to call me names.  It angers me that you not only put your soul at risk, but tempt others as well, and I admit that it causes me to lash out perhaps when I shouldn't.  But I don't do it to call names.  I do try to keep to the forum rules, though I admit to not being perfect. 

If you feel like I am an asshole, boo-hoo.  But a Catholic is in communion with the Pope.  Full stop.

You didn't answer my question:

"Was it revealed to St. John the Apostle that Francis is pope? I want to see a dogmatic definition on that.Likewise, would it had to be believed; as dogma of the faith, that Anacletus II was pope, in order to be considered catholic at that time?"
(03-16-2013, 03:16 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I try to be nice to all men, especially to my brethren in Christ,

But, if you believe I am attending mass at a Baskin-Robbins on Sunday how am I anything, but separated brethren and most certainly not holy?

If you refuse to condemn me, are you no better than a modernist?

In addition, if I am shopping at Baskin-Robbins how aren't you in the shop with me? I believe you have made posts decrying people who are SSPV-only, SSPX only, who say one may never attend an "unum cum" mass, who decry Thuc-priests, who are SSPX-SO only, or who are rigorist about the 54 missal, or home-aloners.  But, I am unaware of any trad priest who has written a theological treatise defending the right of the individual to say these differences don't matter and that is okay to attend whichever traditionalist mass is most convenient provided the priest has valid orders. Isn't this just Baskin-Robbins, trad-edition?

So, if we reject Baskin-Robbins, what is the one true flavor?
(03-16-2013, 03:22 PM)Parmandur Wrote:

I apologize for what I said to you.
(03-16-2013, 03:30 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 03:16 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I try to be nice to all men, especially to my brethren in Christ,

But, if you believe I am attending mass at a Baskin-Robbins on Sunday how am I anything, but separated brethren and most certainly not holy?

In addition, if I am shopping at Baskin-Robbins how aren't you in the shop with me? I believe you have made posts decrying people who are SSPV-only, SSPX only, who say one may never attend an "unum cum" mass, who decry Thuc-priests, who are SSPX-SO only, or who are rigorist about the 54 missal, or home-aloners.  But, I am unaware of any trad priest who has written a theological treatise defending the right of the individual to say these differences don't matter and that is okay to attend whichever traditionalist mass is most convenient provided the priest has valid orders. Isn't this just Baskin-Robbins, trad-edition?

I believe that the New Church or Novus Ordo is like Baskin Robbins in that its the big tent.

I don't think you're a modernist becuase you don't ascribe to modernism. As far as I know, you adhere to the Catholic Faith. Just because you don't see things the way I do doesn't mean you're separated from the Body of Christ.

I can respond to your question in depth later. Posting from phone and a bit stressed out right now.
(03-16-2013, 03:30 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:

"When the pastor is struck, the flock is dispersed"
Is the blessing even valid if it was silent?  ???
(03-16-2013, 11:29 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: This is an audience with members of the mostly-secular media. I'm surprised he blessed them at all.

Pope Benedict XVI did not do so in 2005. (You can read his address here.)
(03-16-2013, 05:04 PM)ecclesiastes Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 11:29 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: This is an audience with members of the mostly-secular media. I'm surprised he blessed them at all.

Pope Benedict XVI did not do so in 2005. (You can read his address here.)

Good point.