So much for all that collegial back slapping...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...ammed.html

In 2005, then Pope Benedict, while quoting from an obscure medieval text, declared that the Prophet Mohammed, founder of the Islamic faith, was "evil and inhuman", enraging the Muslim population and causing attacks on churches throughout the world before an apology was issued.
Reacting within days to the statements, speaking through a spokesman to Newsweek Argentina, then Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio declared his "unhappiness" with the statements, made at the University of Regensburg in Germany, and encouraged many of his subordinates with the Church to do the same.

"Pope Benedict's statement don't reflect my own opinions", the then Archbishop of Buenos Aires declared. "These statements will serve to destroy in 20 seconds the careful construction of a relationship with Islam that Pope John Paul II built over the last twenty years".
The Vatican reacted quickly, removing one subordinate, Joaquín Piña the Archbishop of Puerto Iguazú from his post within four days of his making similar statements to the Argentine national media, sending a clear statement to Cardinal Bergoglio that he would be next should he choose to persist.

Reacting to the threats from Rome, Cardinal Bergoglio cancelled his plans to fly to Rome, choosing to boycott the second synod that Pope Benedict had called during his tenure as pontiff. "The only thing that didn't happen to Bergoglio was being removed from his post", wrote investigative journalist Horacio Verbitsky in his column in left-wing daily newspaper Página/24. "The Vatican was very quick to react,"
(03-16-2013, 06:09 PM)Allan Wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...ammed.html

In 2005, then Pope Benedict, while quoting from an obscure medieval text, declared that the Prophet Mohammed, founder of the Islamic faith, was "evil and inhuman", enraging the Muslim population and causing attacks on churches throughout the world before an apology was issued.
Reacting within days to the statements, speaking through a spokesman to Newsweek Argentina, then Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio declared his "unhappiness" with the statements, made at the University of Regensburg in Germany, and encouraged many of his subordinates with the Church to do the same.

"Pope Benedict's statement don't reflect my own opinions", the then Archbishop of Buenos Aires declared. "These statements will serve to destroy in 20 seconds the careful construction of a relationship with Islam that Pope John Paul II built over the last twenty years".
The Vatican reacted quickly, removing one subordinate, Joaquín Piña the Archbishop of Puerto Iguazú from his post within four days of his making similar statements to the Argentine national media, sending a clear statement to Cardinal Bergoglio that he would be next should he choose to persist.

Reacting to the threats from Rome, Cardinal Bergoglio cancelled his plans to fly to Rome, choosing to boycott the second synod that Pope Benedict had called during his tenure as pontiff. "The only thing that didn't happen to Bergoglio was being removed from his post", wrote investigative journalist Horacio Verbitsky in his column in left-wing daily newspaper Página/24. "The Vatican was very quick to react,"
I hope this story is inaccurate. I just don't want another Paul VI.
This story has already been posted here: 

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33879284
wow...
Lynne

+JMJ+

"Certainly, you must be informed about modern errors because preaching the truth involves preaching about distancing oneself from error; but do not make the negative, secondary aspect into the most important! Your first aim is not to fight against error but to know the truth. Your central concern should be study, your sanctification, silence, meditation, and the exercise of charity." - Archbishop Lefebvre
The people who are led astray by this stuff are people who want to be led astray.  I rejoice to see Our Lady of Fatima's prophesies coming true.  I hope I'll stay faithful to the end, and peaceful through the suffering.

There might be people here tomorrow who'll say 'O, but what he really meant was ... '  I hope I have the grace to ignore them.
(03-16-2013, 07:08 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: The people who are led astray by this stuff are people who want to be led astray.  I rejoice to see Our Lady of Fatima's prophesies coming true. 

What prophesies are coming true?
(03-16-2013, 07:10 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 07:08 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: The people who are led astray by this stuff are people who want to be led astray.  I rejoice to see Our Lady of Fatima's prophesies coming true. 

What prophesies are coming true?

Nothing new, just the apostacy starting at the top of the hierarchy, which has been going on for decades.
So long as we don't insult them, nor profess the truth of our faith — nor the errors of theirs — too loudly, then Islam won't burn down our churches.  The vast majority of Islam — which is peaceful! — just needs to be more consistent in condemning the actions of the violent minority.

Our peaceful relations with Muslims are more important than historical facts... such peaceful relations will gradually, but surely, lead to their conversions; why scare them with the urgent necessity of converting here and now — when there are so many graces which can only be enjoyed within the Church — as letting them take their sweet time (despite no one knowing when his end will come) is all the more effective?

Right?!

Sigh...
This is the kind of crap that ticks me off the most. This false sense of... peace... that doesn't actually exist. Pope Urban II is rolling over in his grave and rolling his eyes in heaven when Catholic leaders would rather hold hands with Satan than fight him like a friggon man. God save us.

“The United States of America had done more for the cause of Christianity than the most powerful nations of Christendom have done for ages.” - Pope Pius VII on the First Barbary War.

Then you have the likes of John Paul II and the soft, effeminate, homosexual sympathizing liberals who came with him and after him who opposed every effort made by western nations to confront Islam face to face. The BEST part about all of this, is that in the First Barbary War, the US did not even make an effort to pretend that they were acting in a noble fashion. It was ALL about money and trade, and unashamedly so. But even with that less than righteous motive in plain view, Pius VII still made his remarks. You know why? Because he wasn't a coward. He didn't protest violence and war for the sheer sake of it sounding "scary" like every modern Catholic sissy coward on this planet. He and every other Catholic since that bastard Mohammed plagued this earth with his filth, knew how evil Islam was, and that there is only one way of dealing with those people - and it's not by climbing into bed with them, appeasing them, and allowing them to storm into your country and kill innocent people. They have been doing the same damn thing for the past 1300 years. Wake the hell up. Be a man and fight like a man. I'm sick of the men of this age being effeminate little girls.

RAAHHHH  >:(
There was a time when Christians actually welcomed martyrdom.  Really.