Throwing trad catholics under the bus
As the new pope takes charge and news is coming out on what the conclave considered when they made their decision it is becoming clear that the cardinals did not  have the desires of traditional catholics in mind at all when they made their decision.
What seemed on their agenda was not even the reform of the curia or the priesthood, it seems from the reports they wanted a pope that the world would love, or at least give a pass to, and that would be able to reconcile not the trad catholics into the mainstream but instead the radical disenters.
Leonardo Boff has already sang Pope Francis' praises, as well as Card. Mahoney.....
It is becoming clearer that traditional catholics will be marginalized during this pontificate.

Get ready to return to the catacoms of the 1970's and experience again the papal scandals and shocks like we did under jp2.

I have seen jesuit liturgy --- it aint pretty --- its blaphemy and abuse.....pray and pray again that God will shorten this punishment.
(03-16-2013, 11:12 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: As the new pope takes charge and news is coming out on what the conclave considered when they made their decision it is becoming clear that the cardinals did not  have the desires of traditional catholics in mind at all when they made their decision.
What seemed on their agenda was not even the reform of the curia or the priesthood, it seems from the reports they wanted a pope that the world would love, or at least give a pass to, and that would be able to reconcile not the trad catholics into the mainstream but instead the radical disenters.
Leonardo Boff has already sang Pope Francis' praises, as well as Card. Mahoney.....
It is becoming clearer that traditional catholics will be marginalized during this pontificate.

Get ready to return to the catacoms of the 1970's and experience again the papal scandals and shocks like we did under jp2.

I have seen jesuit liturgy --- it aint pretty --- its blaphemy and abuse.....pray and pray again that God will shorten this punishment.

Well how many years you think until HE retires?
Well, IF (a big IF) the new pope turns out to be a radical, shoe-less hippie that favours pro-life modernists and truly is a danger to the faith, how does one go about electing and installing an anti-pope? This practice was pretty common during the middle ages and both popes were legit. So, how about it?

Again, this is a BIG IF.
(03-16-2013, 11:12 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: As the new pope takes charge and news is coming out on what the conclave considered when they made their decision it is becoming clear that the cardinals did not  have the desires of traditional catholics in mind at all when they made their decision.

Wow.  You think so?  That'll be terrible if it's true. 

I converted into the Church toward the end of JPII's papacy, not the beginning.  I suppose I'm in for a real treat if this is true!

At least there will always be something to talk about.
I have cried to the, O Lord, hear me: hearken to my voice, when I cry to thee.
Let my prayer be directed as incense in thy sight; the lifting up of my hands, as evening sacrifice.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips.
Incline not my heart to evil words; to make excuses in sins. With men that work iniquity: and I will not communicate with the choicest of them.
The just shall correct me in mercy, and shall reprove me: but let not the oil of the sinner fatten my head. For my prayer also shall still be against the things with which they are well pleased:
their judges falling upon the rock have been swallowed up. They shall hear my words, for they have prevailed:
as when the thickness of the earth is broken up upon the ground: Our bones are scattered by the side of hell.
But o to thee, O Lord, Lord, are my eyes: in thee have I put my trust, take not away my soul.
Keep me from the snare, which they have laid for me, and from the stumbling blocks of them that work iniquity.
The wicked shall fall in his net: I am alone until I pass.

Warrenton a long time ago on this forum said "Loyalty is Love in action" I think about that statement frequently, I would follow a shoe less Pope before I support any Anti Pope no matter how much he likes the 1962 missal.

If this new pope becomes an extreme modernist, i wouldnt be surprised if many begin to pressure pope benedict to speak out.
I am very worried and pray the grace of state will radically change this new pope.
I was thinking the same thing about Benedict being encouraged to speak out. He spoke of the wolves and seemed to be setting up some sort of "swan song" before he officially left the office and now it (even though very early) seems to be put to an abrupt halt.
(03-16-2013, 11:39 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: This practice was pretty common during the middle ages and both popes were legit.

... eh?  ???
Those of you who are newer to tradition or the Faith don't know what it was like before Benedict. We truly felt besieged. It was not a pleasant experience, and I only came to tradition a few years prior to Benedict's election (and even under Benedict things weren't perfect).

Gird your loins, my brethren. We are about to be tested, I fear.
With the armour of justice * and in the power of God, let us prove ourselves in much patience. Ant for Nona during Lent

And let us encourage each other.