Papolatry in the Trad World
(03-17-2013, 08:12 AM)JustaServant Wrote: Is this the same mouth that will partake of the Eucharist this morning?
:eyeroll:

Go hang out in Jansenist Answers and have a blessed day.
(03-17-2013, 08:18 AM)demoslider Wrote: She didn't say it, she typed it. I don't think Vox takes Communion in the hand, so no need to be so outraged.  :)

Ohhhhh I see.......
It's okay for you to TYPE it, but not to SAY it.
Wow, gotta love the situational ethics you super-spiritual Trads have.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(03-17-2013, 08:22 AM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 08:12 AM)JustaServant Wrote: Is this the same mouth that will partake of the Eucharist this morning?

So you think its okay for the owner of this "Catholic" forum to curse?
(03-17-2013, 08:26 AM)JustaServant Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 08:22 AM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote:

So you think its okay for the owner of this "Catholic" forum to curse?

STFU.

(Does that answer your question?)
Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood,A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief,A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19
(03-17-2013, 08:18 AM)JayneK Wrote: Well, this supports the "trying to get banned so he can complain about it on CAF" theory.  You started a thread complaining about how people here were talking about the Pope.  So the owner makes a post telling people to smarten up, do you thank her?  Do you have anything positive to say about her addressing the problem you identified?  No, you pretend to be shocked by her choice of wording. 

So you think its okay for the owner of this "Catholic" forum to curse huh?:
(03-17-2013, 08:26 AM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: STFU.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks for proving my point.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Meh.  Speaking from experience, the behavior of top management trickles down.  It trickles down from the corporate overlord, to the administrator, though the manager to the supervisors, and the sewage gets piled on to the regular employees.  At least, that's how I've always seen it.  

Sure, we are accountable for the actions on our local levels.  Ratzinger has fired up the laity, and I hope we keep the fire going in spite of leadership.  But Church leadership matters, too--even if we have no control over it (the Cardinals do).  If the pope didn't matter so much, why would there be prophecies about popes, and why does history bother to notice the popes as representatives of the Church?

Besides, the subject of the new pope provides lots of material for conversation on Catholic forums.  Surely, activity on Fisheaters has spiked in the last week.  I come here to enjoy conversation and the exchange of ideas.  It is what I do on weekends.  If I could be at the park with my family, I would rather do that.  But for now...howdy!
(03-17-2013, 08:31 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: Meh.  Speaking from experience, the behavior of top management trickles down.  It trickles down from the corporate overlord, to the administrator, though the manager to the supervisors, and the sewage gets piled on to the regular employees.  At least, that's how I've always seen it.  

Great post and VERY true.
:)
(03-17-2013, 08:28 AM)JustaServant Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 08:18 AM)JayneK Wrote: Well, this supports the "trying to get banned so he can complain about it on CAF" theory.  You started a thread complaining about how people here were talking about the Pope.  So the owner makes a post telling people to smarten up, do you thank her?  Do you have anything positive to say about her addressing the problem you identified?  No, you pretend to be shocked by her choice of wording. 

So you think its okay for the owner of this "Catholic" forum to curse huh?:

It was profanity so mild that it is questionable whether it even counts as profanity.  Your choice to focus on this rather than the meaning of her post leads me to question whether you are posting here in good faith.