Papolatry in the Trad World
(03-17-2013, 08:38 AM)JayneK Wrote: It was profanity so mild that it is questionable whether it even counts as profanity.  Your choice to focus on this rather than the meaning of her post leads me to question whether you are posting here in good faith.  

Yeah, thats the ticket. RATIONALIZE it!!
That's what non-Catholic fundies do.
Do you think it's okay to question the Catholicity of Saint Peter when he not only cursed but cursed Our Lord?

Also, I believe scripture says something about speck and beams...
(03-17-2013, 08:41 AM)JustaServant Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 08:38 AM)JayneK Wrote: It was profanity so mild that it is questionable whether it even counts as profanity.  Your choice to focus on this rather than the meaning of her post leads me to question whether you are posting here in good faith.  

You are not dealing with anything substantive.  Instead you are posting personal attacks and insults.  If you are capable of engaging in rational discussion of ideas, I encourage you to do so.
(03-17-2013, 08:41 AM)JustaServant Wrote:

I used to read your posts charitably, until it was obvious, at least to me, that you really need psychotropic drugs of some sort.
(03-17-2013, 08:50 AM)JayneK Wrote: You are not dealing with anything substantive.  Instead you are posting personal attacks and insults.  If you are capable of engaging in rational discussion of ideas, I encourage you to do so.

Discussion of what?
Your beloved owner starts the thread off by using filthy language, and then her disciples use up bandwith trying to rationalize sin.
I thought you said you were a religious yourself.
Maybe you should take your husband's advice.
(03-17-2013, 08:53 AM)St. Drogo Wrote: I used to read your posts charitably, until it was obvious, at least to me, that you really need psychotropic drugs of some sort.
My point is proven again.
:LOL: :LOL:

Bye.
(03-17-2013, 08:54 AM)JustaServant Wrote: Your beloved owner starts the thread off by using filthy language, and then her disciples use up bandwith trying to rationalize sin.

Here's your problem, JustaServant:

Quote:Baptized and raised Catholic, I left the Church and became a fundamentalist baptist preacher for over a decade.

That was your inaugural post on Fish Eaters back in 2008.

We are not Baptists.  We are Catholics.  Using swear words is not a mortal sin for Catholics.  Under some circumstances, it can be a venial sin against charity.  Here, where we are all adults and Vox needed to make a point emphatically, it was thoroughly justified.

Have a drink like a good Catholic (but wait until this afternoon).
(03-17-2013, 08:56 AM)JustaServant Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 08:53 AM)St. Drogo Wrote: I used to read your posts charitably, until it was obvious, at least to me, that you really need psychotropic drugs of some sort.

Bye.
They were your words not mine...

(03-16-2013, 09:32 AM)JustaServant Wrote: It's been a while since I have been on this forum. I used to peruse occasionally, until it was obvious, at least to me, some of ya'll really need psychotropic drugs of some sort.
(03-17-2013, 08:59 AM)St. Drogo Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 08:56 AM)JustaServant Wrote:

Bye.
They were your words not mine...

(03-16-2013, 09:32 AM)JustaServant Wrote: It's been a while since I have been on this forum. I used to peruse occasionally, until it was obvious, at least to me, some of ya'll really need psychotropic drugs of some sort.

:LOL:
Quote: While there are good Popes and bad Popes, and while it'd be great to have a good one, most of the problem with the Church is us.

If you go by this philosophy, then changing the Mass had minimal impact.  Same with changing seminary formation.  And allowing in gay priests by the swarms was minimal.

While Catholics share a lot of blame, especially birth control, the main problem has been with the clergy and hierarchy of the Church.  We are sheep, even in a very Trad area you get people doing bad things.  The overall rot came from Rome.