Papolatry in the Trad World
Note, I'm still new to all this...
What I seem to gather from a lot of posts is knee jerk reaction.
Y'all who have been trad since forever, I think it nust be very easy to get tired, or down, or wish for the new Pope to instantly be a perfect fit. If for no other reason, to have cause for hope and rest.
I could be very wrong but that is the core of a lot of overreacting IMO.
I'm praying for HH, the Church, y'all and myself. And reading, doing lotsa reading, to learn before forming an opinion...
:pray:
(03-17-2013, 02:49 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: As to Voxs main point about it not really affecting us in the trenches....well dear friend on that you are wrong. These things have my family divided, my local parish nearly empty, and the Faith a laughing stock in every media outlet you can name. All the stores are open on Sunday.....eating fish on Friday is a joke to anyone catholic or otherwise I mention the practice too. The USA is going to FORCE the catholic social institutions to either close or do abortions...and that is a direct assault on my 1st amendment civil rights...the govt wouldn't ever conceive of this nonsense if the Church leadership up to the Pope weren't seen as effete elites willing to compromise nearly anything for ecumenism....if the Pope could reign in the US Bishops that would affect my personal life...for the better by establishing a more conservative social environment...ie REAL catholic schooling for CATHOLICS. So while I personally dont think its the end of the world....I dont think its unreasonable to be disappointed in former Benedict...and less than enthused about a Pope who is admittedly to the Left of Father Joseph Ratzinger.

But the stuff you're talking about is not a necessary thing. You're pretty much saying "people will freak and others will laff at us." People will freak if they allow themselves to, and if people laff at us, who cares? Nothing is stopping anyone from Fish Fridays, teaching their kids the Catechism, establishing TLMs, etc .

Disappointed? Less than enthused? Sure. But to act like it's the end of the world or to treat the Pope uncharitable are another story.

P.S. THANKS to Impy for posting that Joe Dolce video! That chorus is perfect to sing to the grandson when he's being The Bad Baby haha

I think it's not fair to describe Pope Francis 'left' to Pope Benedict.
How do people know?
Is that because he has a more 'simple' liturgical style? Is that because he loves the poor?

Who will know whether this humble man, calling himself 'bishop of Rome' and behaving sometimes like an average parish priest during his Mass and spontaneous meetings with ordinary people, will be more of a 'hammer Pope' than the man who was called 'Panzerpapa'. Pope Benedict had the reputation of being made of iron and concrete, but was a big surprise. Pope Francis is a Jesuit, and that also means that we can never tell by his outer behaviour only what he is up to. Wait and see! Have the patience to wait and see! Maybe he will start with the reputation of being so 'human' and end with a fantastic pontificate, full of real restoration!

(03-17-2013, 06:20 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: well we all know alot more about it than you....your right Pope Francis knows more than I for sure...but you know less than nothing except what your feverish emotional mind tells you.

[Image: ALOT4.png]
(03-18-2013, 07:51 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 02:49 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: As to Voxs main point about it not really affecting us in the trenches....well dear friend on that you are wrong. These things have my family divided, my local parish nearly empty, and the Faith a laughing stock in every media outlet you can name. All the stores are open on Sunday.....eating fish on Friday is a joke to anyone catholic or otherwise I mention the practice too. The USA is going to FORCE the catholic social institutions to either close or do abortions...and that is a direct assault on my 1st amendment civil rights...the govt wouldn't ever conceive of this nonsense if the Church leadership up to the Pope weren't seen as effete elites willing to compromise nearly anything for ecumenism....if the Pope could reign in the US Bishops that would affect my personal life...for the better by establishing a more conservative social environment...ie REAL catholic schooling for CATHOLICS. So while I personally dont think its the end of the world....I dont think its unreasonable to be disappointed in former Benedict...and less than enthused about a Pope who is admittedly to the Left of Father Joseph Ratzinger.

But the stuff you're talking about is not a necessary thing. You're pretty much saying "people will freak and others will laff at us." People will freak if they allow themselves to, and if people laff at us, who cares? Nothing is stopping anyone from Fish Fridays, teaching their kids the Catechism, establishing TLMs, etc .

Disappointed? Less than enthused? Sure. But to act like it's the end of the world or to treat the Pope uncharitable are another story.

P.S. THANKS to Impy for posting that Joe Dolce video! That chorus is perfect to sing to the grandson when he's being The Bad Baby haha
well I said it wasnt the end of the world.....but to assert that the Pope can do nothing that affects my personal life is simply not true. It doesnt mean I bunker down and stop living a catholic life.