Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Did I see you at Mass today at North Americans Martyrs? I was handing out St. Patrick Holy cards, but I ran out - even though the crunchy trads wouldn't take them from me.

I noticed Father didn't say anything about St. Patrick's day - maybe it's because he's from Scotland  :LOL:
Ours mentioned it, and he's from the Philipines
(03-17-2013, 08:19 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote: Did I see you at Mass today at North Americans Martyrs? I was handing out St. Patrick Holy cards, but I ran out - even though the crunchy trads wouldn't take them from me.

No, I wish I would have seen you, I'd have taken one for my daughter!

Quote:I noticed Father didn't say anything about St. Patrick's day - maybe it's because he's from Scotland  :LOL:

:LOL:
(03-17-2013, 08:40 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: Ours mentioned it, and he's from the Philipines

You have to understand there's this "thing" between the Scots and the Irish (Speaking as a descendant of Orangemen, I know...)
(03-17-2013, 10:09 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 08:40 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: Ours mentioned it, and he's from the Philipines

You have to understand there's this "thing" between the Scots and the Irish (Speaking as a descendant of Orangemen, I know...)

I'm Scottish and Irish, plus English Catholic, so I'm all conflicted inside.  :LOL:
(03-17-2013, 03:01 PM)McNider Wrote: Why are we celebrating a Baptist?

http://www.carmichaelbaptist.org/Sermons/landis1.htm

:O
What are you talking about? St Patrick brought the Catholic Faith to Ireland.
Happy late St. Patrick's Day.

This "thing" is not between the Highland Scots and the Irish.  We were brought up to wear the green on St. Patrick's Day.  I went to the local St. Patrick's Day parade.  As a character from Highland stock I always like to see pipe bands celebrating St. Patrick's Day with the Irish.  All the families had their floats, O'Briens, Croughs, Careys and a few more.  For not being a really big parade there were two pipe bands though.  Durham Region Police Pipe Band about half way back and the Hasting and Prince Edward County Pipe Band led the parade.  I thought it was cool.

(03-17-2013, 02:52 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: Indeed, my maternal  grandparents immigrated from Ireland, I sure miss them. I remember the corned beef and cabbage. What I wouldnt give for another St Paddy's day with them.

We had our immediate family over for corn beef, cabbage & red potatoes. My husband's Grandmother also immigrated from Ireland. Her name was Maggie O'Grady & she was very devoted to St. Patrick..  :m&m: :m&m:
My family in Ireland is all Protestant Orangemen, so I have to go a ways back to get to an Irish Catholic - my great-great-great-grandfather John A. O'Hare. He was in the 151st Ohio Regiment in the Civil War. Here is a picture of him when he was really old. He is sitting in the left chair.
[Image: OHareFamily.jpg]
(03-17-2013, 11:42 PM)Poche Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 03:01 PM)McNider Wrote: Why are we celebrating a Baptist?

http://www.carmichaelbaptist.org/Sermons/landis1.htm

:O
What are you talking about? St Patrick brought the Catholic Faith to Ireland.

So the Tank is now completely devoid of humor. :'((

The terrorists have won...