Pope Francis changes Holy Thursday plans to celebrate Mass in prison
(03-24-2013, 02:29 AM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: I guess one could say that the original Lord's Supper didn't include Baptised and Confirmed Christians, either.

You're quite right. It only included the appointed Bishops of the Church, not youthful offenders. But, of course, Pope Francis is humble and wants everybody to know it.
(03-21-2013, 01:28 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote: And in retrospect...

..thank God for JPII who had the good sense to declare women's ordination impossible.

If you wash them at the feast of the institution of the priesthood, logically, you should be willing to ordain them. 

And a future Pope can ordain women if he wants. Don't think that it's not possible if we have a modernist as Pope.
(03-24-2013, 02:51 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 02:29 AM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: I guess one could say that the original Lord's Supper didn't include Baptised and Confirmed Christians, either.

You're quite right. It only included the appointed Bishops of the Church, not youthful offenders. But, of course, Pope Francis is humble and wants everybody to know it.

Did you ever stop to think that the Pope doing this might change some of those kids lives so they make something of themselves and not end up in prison for the rest of their lives?

(03-24-2013, 02:51 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Didn't mean to offend  :blush: It was just my understanding that the disciples weren't Bishops of the Church until after the Pentecost the year of Jesus' crucifixion, and even Judas Iscariot was there (though the Lord had a few words for him), but Peter wasn't aware of Judas' impending betrayal (and would even himself deny Jesus three times over the next day), so in the most Biblical light of the Gospel (by which Pope Francis has said he'd run the Church, though I don't understand what that means exactly), the Holy Father may be doing this "juvey Mass" in a very literal context of the Gospels (which I leave to the Church to discern).

But seen in a larger light, in light of Pope BXVI's resignation and the state of the Church that Pope Francis took helm of, I looked to what Pope BXVI said on his Holy Thursday Chrism Mass 2012, and was reminded that he gave a Holy Smackdown to the Subversive Clergy (Schonborn's priests in Austria who signed Pfarrer Initiative, which openly defies the Magesterium and are automatically excommunicated, though neither His Holiness nor Schonborn did anything about it except BXVI's Holy Thursday call-out, and Schonborn's "condemnation".

Pope Bendictus XVI, Holy Thursday 2012 Wrote:Recently a group of priests from a European country issued a summons to disobedience, and at the same time gave concrete examples of the forms this disobedience might take, even to the point of disregarding definitive decisions of the Church’s Magisterium, such as the question of women’s ordination, for which Blessed Pope John Paul II stated irrevocably that the Church has received no authority from the Lord. Is disobedience a path of renewal for the Church?

Really, the whole homily is worth a read, seeing as how it may be relevant to what Pope Francis is doing this Holy Thursday. The subversive Austrian clergy remain, almost as though the Pope and Bishops have no power! That's insane! The Canon Law is clear about these matters, though the Pope trumped Canon Law, I think to throw a life raft to these sons of Satan (they ignored it, so I deem them excommunicated, and start to wonder if Schonborn's ineffective "condemnation" (but lack of de-frocking) calls him into question.

Anyway, now the following year, we have Pope Francis heading to Juvey, and I think the message is that he's looking for holiness in the most meager of people, like Jesus did when selecting his Apostles. I may be WAY OFF, or way overthinking it, but I'm going to end my book-length post here, with the prayerful thought that Pope Benedict is fully aware, and possibly applauding, Pope Francis' actions. I want these sons of Satan who run parishes or otherwise "serve" the Church OUT. Not because I'm looking for blood, but because it is charitable to their souls.

I'm actually excited about "a poor Church" (in the sense of no pompous, ineffective Bishops, religious, and "priests"; and therefore fewer lukewarm, pagan laity), and a Church "for the poor" (in SPIRIT; humble, as the Apostles were). As long as it doesn't break Church Dogma, which this doesn't seem to.