Pope Francis, comments about celibacy as Cardinal
Interesting developments while at work on this topic...

I'm so glad my discernment is pointing in the direction of the religious life, will never have to deal with this topic personally if I become a canon (or if they'll have me.)

(03-22-2013, 06:56 PM)GloriaPatri Wrote: http://www.canonlaw.info/PDF-USCCB%20re%20277.pdf

The Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, which has the competence to make clarifications regarding Canon law, in consultation with the CDF, has authoritatively declared that married permanent deacons are not bound to observe perfect and perpetual continence. Thus any contrary interpretation of canon law holds no force until such a time that this Council or the Roman Pontiff reverses this decision.

By this declaration of exception, I wouldn't call it clarification since the texts cannot be interpreted this way, law spoken from the mouth of the magisterium is in effect. It's just what is presently in written form of law, the canon in question, has not yet been revised. So, when can we expect an updated version of the CCC?
I think married men should only be allowed to be priests if they have an already good economic position and are willing to do it for free.

(03-22-2013, 10:10 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 10:06 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I've gotten a boatload of reports about Burdensome's behavior, so he is banned.

Warning to all:  debate issues without being rude.

God help us.

Yes, it's always a frightening and terrible thing when people get banned for being rude. Isn't that one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse? Yes, I think so... First bans for rudeness, then famine and pestilence. But then Jesus comes back. So be happy!