Dominican Sisters Whomp Bible Thumpers on "Bible Challenge"

So, there's a Thursday night show on the Game Show Network called "The American Bible Challenge," hosted by Jeff Foxworthy (the "you know you're a rednecck when..." guy). On one recent episode, a group of Dominican Sisters -- the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist -- went up against group of Protestants -- and whomped 'em. Yayyyyyyyyy for the Sisters (who are habited, BTW :P )

Here's a bit from the show, a preivew of that episode --

-- and here's a bit that involves spoon flipping. I don't know why.

I just love that the Catlicks beat the Prots in a Bible contest. Hope it freaked some of the viewers out and made them go "hmmmm!" LOL
I can't help but think: if they truly understood the Bible, they'd be Catholic. But I could never get how someone might read John 6 and not come away profoundly changed.

Modified by Vox to remove extraneous quoting
I've seen parts of this program searching the channels, and it's not bad. I'm gleeful the sisters womped 'em. I like Foxworthy and his buddies pretty well, and it's too bad Catholics don't get into this more. It'd be a real opportunity to open eyes if groups of us took the challenge. Imagine, three nice roly poly fathers from St. Ignatius father's club all done up in clothes like Friar Tuck with plastic swords, and tankards of beer, taking the challenge. It'd create a link in folks minds that Robin Hood was one of us not an Anglican.

tim
I hope this planted some seed in the minds and hearts of those Protestants.
That's how it is done. Poor old Foxworthy couldn't bring himself to utter "Eucharist" when speaking to the Sisters. If several Catholic groups would go on, he'd be less confused about that. It's the old saw they don't hate us they hate what someone lied about us.

tim
Lol, thanks for sharing that. I really enjoyed it. The nuns were so cute.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Darn: I saw it for a minute and flipped the channel. Didn't know there'd be nuns! I saw only Foxworthy announcing some music segment. What I get for judging a book by its cover.

Go Dominican Sister!
Sr. Evangeline (the one on the left) is a recent graduate of the high school where I teach!

woot!
(03-23-2013, 01:51 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Sr. Evangeline (the one on the left) is a recent graduate of the high school where I teach!

woot!

Now that's good work, Joe !

tim
I saw this when it aired on TV! It was probably the happiest I've been while watching TV in a long time.

What they didn't show here was that the big bulky tattoo guys spent the entire minute trying to get just one fork in the glass. They eventually got in one, but only one. Then the nuns go up there and everyone was like "WOW!" because they just didn't miss. Really it was like they got 4 in the glasses since that one got the spoon in by mistake and had the honesty to do it again with the fork. Even despite that blunder they still got all 4 in with 11 seconds to spare. The team of protestant "preachin diva's" that went next only got two in.

Another adorable highlight came when the answer to one of their questions was "Belshazzar," and the one giving the answer got tongue twisted and so the other one said it and the first one said something along the lines of "yeah that!" Or something like that, I don't remember exactly how it went but I remember thinking it was pretty cute. They were so filled with grace.