Dominican Sisters Whomp Bible Thumpers on "Bible Challenge"
there will be a repeat 6:00 p.m. tomorrow sunday ,march 24th and monday 1:00 a.m. march 25th.  :asianbow:
(03-23-2013, 02:27 PM)US_Soldier Wrote: I saw this when it aired on TV! It was probably the happiest I've been while watching TV in a long time.

What they didn't show here was that the big bulky tattoo guys spent the entire minute trying to get just one fork in the glass. They eventually got in one, but only one. Then the nuns go up there and everyone was like "WOW!" because they just didn't miss. Really it was like they got 4 in the glasses since that one got the spoon in by mistake and had the honesty to do it again with the fork. Even despite that blunder they still got all 4 in with 11 seconds to spare. The team of protestant "preachin diva's" that went next only got two in.

Another adorable highlight came when the answer to one of their questions was "Belshazzar," and the one giving the answer got tongue twisted and so the other one said it and the first one said something along the lines of "yeah that!" Or something like that, I don't remember exactly how it went but I remember thinking it was pretty cute. They were so filled with grace.

I watched when it aired too! The sisters were adorable. And they kicked @$$ on the other teams.  :nun: :nun: :nun: Hopefully, it will dispel the myth that Catholics don't know the Bible. I can't wait to see them in the championship. BTW, this is the most-watched game show on the air.
NICE!!!!!!!

This is especially gratifying to me because back in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, we lived next to some hard-shell Baptists, who insisted that it had never rained on Earth before the Noachian deluge, since the Bible did not expliciltly so state.  You'll be pleased to know that plants apparently lived upon only God's grace and sunshine up to that time.
Is there somewhere online I can watch the episode?
(03-24-2013, 11:51 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Is there somewhere online I can watch the episode?
this!
Because the sisters were off to a slow start. This is awesome if they win. Otherwise I cant sit through all that insane protty garbage in between, makes my skin crawl.
I wish there was some way I can contact them and tell them that they are my heroes.
It might show up here eventually...
http://gsntv.com/shows/the-american-bible-challenge/
(03-24-2013, 12:14 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 11:51 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Is there somewhere online I can watch the episode?
this!
Because the sisters were off to a slow start. This is awesome if they win. Otherwise I cant sit through all that insane protty garbage in between, makes my skin crawl.
OK just saw it before dinner....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Ha ha ha ...that was the best TV Ive seen in awhile.
If the Sisters win this maybe Fox Worthy will find the true church and hire a humble, reverent chant schola to provide the music instead of the boisterous gospel shouters. haha I don't even think a schola would go over well, but it'd be funny.
I personally have never seen on TV a clearer example of the differences between prots and Catholics vis vis scripture and culture in Christ.