EMERGENCTY REVIXIT HEART ATTACK

Sincere thanks to all who prayed for me.  I'm glad I managed to post my prayer request at the last moment possible -- the ambulance was turning around and backing up our steep driveway when I typed it.  

May God bless you all.

You're alive and at home! Yay!
A request for prayers gives you a pass for using the Internet while you (think you) are having a heart attack. Hope you are well.  :pray:
Hurray!  Follow Dr.'s orders now, k? 

And yes...my family was plunged into sudden emerg a little while back and I banged something off to here as I flew out the door.  I am sure the prayers here ( and remember, most don't post who pray) helped!
(04-02-2013, 08:46 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: A request for prayers gives you a pass for using the Internet while you (think you) are having a heart attack. Hope you are well.  :pray:

I needed a pass?  ???  I was ready, waiting for the EMTs, my laptop was right beside me with an FE window open.

I didn't say I didn't have a heart attack.
(04-02-2013, 10:34 PM)Allan Wrote: Hurray!  Follow Dr.'s orders now, k? 

And yes...my family was plunged into sudden emerg a little while back and I banged something off to here as I flew out the door.  I am sure the prayers here ( and remember, most don't post who pray) helped!

I am very sure the prayers helped, and I do know that many pray w/o posting. 

Thanks again to all who prayed.  If you would, please keep me in your prayers.  I'm afraid I may be getting pneumonia again.  And pray for a little girl named Addison who has a very rare disease. 

Revixit, I wish you well, and I didn't know if you did or did not. I wasn't raising doubt, but expressing my lack of knowledge from not being there. As for posting, I am just pointing out that I hope to God people would let FE go when they're having a heart attack. Posting for prayers -- great. But God helps us if FE shows up on the top 5 or 10 things to do while having a heart attack, or on the heels of it. Sorry, but if I am having a heart attack -- God forbid -- you ain't gonna see me on FE.

On a related note, if FE does show up in the top 5 or 10 during heart attack (other than prayer requests), we all can read Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other by Sherry Turkle.
(04-04-2013, 09:27 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: Revixit, I wish you well, and I didn't know if you did or did not. I wasn't raising doubt, but expressing my lack of knowledge from not being there. As for posting, I am just pointing out that I hope to God people would let FE go when they're having a heart attack. Posting for prayers -- great. But God helps us if FE shows up on the top 5 or 10 things to do while having a heart attack, or on the heels of it. Sorry, but if I am having a heart attack -- God forbid -- you ain't gonna see me on FE.

On a related note, if FE does show up in the top 5 or 10 during heart attack (other than prayer requests), we all can read Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other by Sherry Turkle.

I respectfully disagree. I would be very comforted if, while waiting for the ambulance, I knew the spiritual powerhouses on FE were praying for me. It would be like calling my mommy, only better.
There are only 3 things to do:
Pop an aspirin
Call an ambulance
Ask for prayers.

Aspirin should be part of the first aid kit by the way.
(04-04-2013, 08:02 PM)Satori Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 09:27 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: Revixit, I wish you well, and I didn't know if you did or did not. I wasn't raising doubt, but expressing my lack of knowledge from not being there. As for posting, I am just pointing out that I hope to God people would let FE go when they're having a heart attack. Posting for prayers -- great. But God helps us if FE shows up on the top 5 or 10 things to do while having a heart attack, or on the heels of it. Sorry, but if I am having a heart attack -- God forbid -- you ain't gonna see me on FE.

I respectfully disagree. I would be very comforted if, while waiting for the ambulance, I knew the spiritual powerhouses on FE were praying for me. It would be like calling my mommy, only better.

thank you.  as i said earlier, the ambulance was turning around at the foot of the hill in order to back up the steep driveway.

i knew that the EMTs still had to park, get the gurney out and push it up the hill. 

i knew all this because i'd been to the ER three times between april 29, 2012 and whatever day it was when this happened.  the other times i had pneumonia (fever of 102º-103º, spent three weeks in hospital total, one week each time).

since it was freezing cold and windy as all get out, i certainly wasn't going outside to wait for the EMTs.  once they're up here, we have an outdoor elevator and i ride down in my wheelchair, end up like three feet from the gurney, the EMTs help me onto the gurney - the EMTs call it a stretcher; gurney is probably a leftover from my childhood in a military family.

i had been online earlier so my laptop was on the table next to me and it suddenly occurred to me that i could ask for prayers if i was really quick about it.  i knew there was a window open to FE or i wouldn't have tried.  i opened the laptop and typed fast, hit post before the EMTs were in place.

over 1000 people have looked at this thread.  if half of them said a little prayer for me, that was a great benefit.

if there had been 1000 people in my living room,  i'd have asked them to pray for me.

i guess this guy would have had a problem with that, too.  i don't get it at all.