EMERGENCTY REVIXIT HEART ATTACK
(04-04-2013, 09:33 PM)James02 Wrote: There are only 3 things to do:
Pop an aspirin
Call an ambulance
Ask for prayers.

Aspirin should be part of the first aid kit by the way.

you're right.  i don't know where he gets this 5 or 10 things idea, i sure wasn't thinking about anything but the pain.  and there's nothing else to do but those 3 things. 

if i'd been alone, i really don't know if i'd have thought of the aspirin, i just said 'call 911' and tried to keep breathing.

the ambulance was here, but i had a minute or two to ask for prayers before the EMTs got up the hill  i might not have thought of coming here at all but it takes an ambulance 15-20 minutes to get here.  and still, i only thought of it at the last minute.

thanks, james. 

i need to get away from FE.  the fact that even one person here could be as thoughtless as scriptorium is very disturbing. 
What are we supposed to do in these days where priests  no longer visit the sick ? Where Christ's commandment to love one another is fulfilled by requiring high schoolers to spend a week with habitat for humanity and not by helping our neighbors. The days of a Catholic community as a parish are gone and people drive forever to get Mass and the Sacraments, and fisheaters is the neighborhood where one can talk to other Catholics. I can relate I see no one, speak to no one, and no visits from the local priest. I'll die alone in my flat, and if I can type you'd be the only ones that know.  It would be a comfort to me to know someone in California and another in Rochester New York saw my plea and sent a Hail Mary. Our Lady at Fatima told the little shepherds "many fall into hell because they have no one to pray for them".

If you look at the thread started by Verena for rosaries, the fisheaters have become a cohesive fighting force. In fact we are an elite commando unit in Our Lady's very own regiment. Stand fast in the ranks !! I also wish Vox would sell a black beret with the fish and the M with the cross like on the miraculous medal.

tim
(04-04-2013, 10:06 PM)Revixit Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 08:02 PM)Satori Wrote: I respectfully disagree. I would be very comforted if, while waiting for the ambulance, I knew the spiritual powerhouses on FE were praying for me. It would be like calling my mommy, only better.
over 1000 people have looked at this thread.  if half of them said a little prayer for me, that was a great benefit.

if there had been 1000 people in my living room,  i'd have asked them to pray for me.

i guess this guy would have had a problem with that, too.  i don't get it at all. 

Try reading my posts again. I didn't say asking for prayers was wrong.  ??? In fact, I said asking for prayers was the reason to post on FE in such a situation. Otherwise, I stated that it is worrisome that people would have FE in the top 5 or 10 in an emergency. Also you don't need to explain yourself, because I didn't call your actions into question. Read the book I mention and you'll get what I mean. Plus, I was one of those people praying, so I would be a hypocrite to pray for you even though I hold you in contempt.  ???

Plain English:

(04-02-2013, 08:46 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: A request for prayers gives you a pass for using the Internet while you (think you) are having a heart attack. Hope you are well.  :pray:

(04-04-2013, 09:27 AM)Scriptorium Wrote: As for posting, I am just pointing out that I hope to God people would let FE go when they're having a heart attack. Posting for prayers -- great. ...

And related to my other point, a taste:

:pray: :pray: :pray: