What's Next??
(03-28-2013, 02:05 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Has anybody actually been following the case as it's argued? I have and I was quite surprised that Justices Ginsberg and Sotomayor, two of the most liberal members of the Court, have been asking questions like, 'If we strike down Prop 8, where does it stop?' I'm not at all sure they're going to give the SSM crowd what they want.

Unfortunately, when they heard the Obamacare arguments, many of them seemed to indicate that they would overturn it. They would have too if it weren't for Roberts' flip. Although, if I had to see a bad decision, I'd rather see it made with Obamacare than with marriage. I'm expecting the worse but hoping for the best.
Lynne

+JMJ+

"Certainly, you must be informed about modern errors because preaching the truth involves preaching about distancing oneself from error; but do not make the negative, secondary aspect into the most important! Your first aim is not to fight against error but to know the truth. Your central concern should be study, your sanctification, silence, meditation, and the exercise of charity." - Archbishop Lefebvre
What's next?
The gay activists will require the marriage to be allowed between same sex people inside a family, for example:
- A father with his son
- A woman with her sister
Indeed what was forbidden to heterosexual people for obvious consanguinity reasons, is of course" technically"possible for same sex people.
Then it is only a matter of a few time for this possibility will be okayed by the law.
In a second step, as a matter of equity and justice, it will  be extende to heterosexual people.
Then will the rock bottom of the depravity be reached? Not so sure...
Other suggestions?
Like the OP, as a young kid in the late '50's to mid '60's I led a very sheltered life.  Seems to me that our society has become on big collective whore!  I try to pray for the folks who espouse this depravity, cuz I myself am a bigtime sinner, but sometimes I wish God would bring on the chastisement right now!
I remember in the 70's when '3's Company' was on the air. I think it was the first portrayal of a gay guy on TV...although they alluded to it and officially he wasn't gay. Remember...he had to 'pretend' to be gay in order to live with the 2 chicks...

I'd expect something along those lines to happen in TV involving an adult / child relationship to be the next step. I understand the freaks at NAMBLA are taking notes as we speak in order to model the precedents being set by the gay marriage crowd. Back in the 90's, there was a movie called Leon: The Professional about a hitman who took in an orphaned girl. They fell in love, of course without physical affection being shared. I don't know if that was (or is) controversial but I'll bet Hollywood will attempt to start getting us in the kettle pretty soon before turning on the burner.
Since I predicted gay marriage as a kid, and was punished for thinking the Great Harlot (I mean, America) might ever allow such a thing, I've earned some maneuvering room to play prophet (note, "play" prophet). What I expect soon:

• "unapproved Christianity" being a HATE CRIME (any Mass that predates 1968 will be first on the chopping block — that's us; but also the Bible Belters who still don't want to approve heresies like gay marriage and the like will be targeted as well. But it's not really us they're after, since we're nothing to them; they outnumber us greatly. No, the bigots who started abortion hoping to thin out the "undesirables" believed (and still believe) that

• the blacks will have to go. Just like Hitler, "Planned Parenthood" and their ilk have "stored" most blacks in the projects and prisons, so they're gathered together and drugged by government doctors, and many of us (Americans) will think they're "getting what they deserve" ("many" beign anti-welfare people who think the pittance given to the poor is far more than they "earn"; some of them started off wanting a true equality of race, and that meant "no government programs", but mostly that's devolved into half the population believing that they work hard to feed the lazy blacks. Some, sadly, go further than that. But they too have been programmed by Planned Parenthood and other evil organizations, who wanted many to hate, and therefore ignore, those poor people in the projects. Very few seem to realize that someone born in the projects doesn't exactly wish to be there, much less a very ugly truth that should change their thinking entirely (but won't): that the government "doctors" plot to keep the black "imprisoned" in projects and prisons. #Sad Pray for those in "projects" even now. Skip Dolan and those already sold to sin, and instead pray for those who NEED it.

(This info can be found in abortionists' "old documents" that Planned Parenthood actively denies they pay heed to. But the idea wasn't JUST to get rid of black babies and help with population control, but includes "crowd control" as well, which is why the black teens can get years' worth of addictive drugs from "doctors" (government doctors who are knowingly "controlling the crowds", as my doctor has told me. Except my doctor says any doctor worth a dime is SURE of what they're prescribing, and he has even less charity towards these government doctors).

There's a psychiatrist who writes openly about it, proves it with graphs from the government (who gets what drugs and why), but that psychiatrist is largely ignored.

• Euthanisia. It's almost there, anyway. Not talking about Hospice; I'm talking about an end to Medicare and people being encouraged to opt to end their lives "with dignity" instead of "using the precious resources" of the living. It won't seem horrible; it will seem honorable and be widely accepted ...with the exception of rich Americans. (Let's stretch this to Europeans, as well.)

• And end to education. It's basically propaganda already, and standardized testing ensures we're all JUST as stupid as the next. Remember that Pink Floyd album about education, "The Wall"? We're well beyond that. If you want education, you have to be rich, or your parents have to educate you at home. (Which will also be illegal soon enough, probably under the guise of protecting children from their "subversive" parents.)

And then things will start getting bad.
The next thing to go of course is the removal of any BENEFIT for NORMAL marriages. This whole thing is proof that the world has nearly completely lost the ability to see what is true and what isnt. Any one who can see this issue in an ambiguious way is living in complete spiritual darkness. Damn to hell all promoters of sodomy in society...I say again damn them to hell
(03-28-2013, 06:16 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: The next thing to go of course is the removal of any BENEFIT for NORMAL marriages. This whole thing is proof that the world has nearly completely lost the ability to see what is true and what isnt. Any one who can see this issue in an ambiguious way is living in complete spiritual darkness. Damn to hell all promoters of sodomy in society...I say again damn them to hell

What they do is objectively damnable.  But we can't play God or even make suggestions to Him about the damnation of individuals.

But I agree with your conclusions otherwise, and with your feelings.  One day there will be no such thing as marriage honored legally, and so no point to benefiting anyone. The government will deal with the children.

I think it is good just to slow these things down as much as we can, and to pray.
The Wall isn't about education. It's more about a man's dissociation and self-destructive introversion (which is symbolised by Pink's "building The Wall"), although the 3-part song Another Brick In The Wall does cover the public schooling system's contribution to this in the second part of the song - which is the one which is mainly played on the radio. The first part covers his experience as a young boy during the war, with his father leaving to fight in the war and never returning.

There are some vulgar parts to it but the film really is quite a good watch. And the whole thing is probably one of the best concept albums, even now, that has been made.
(03-28-2013, 07:45 PM)Doce Me Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 06:16 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: The next thing to go of course is the removal of any BENEFIT for NORMAL marriages. This whole thing is proof that the world has nearly completely lost the ability to see what is true and what isnt. Any one who can see this issue in an ambiguious way is living in complete spiritual darkness. Damn to hell all promoters of sodomy in society...I say again damn them to hell

What they do is objectively damnable.  But we can't play God or even make suggestions to Him about the damnation of individuals.

But I agree with your conclusions otherwise, and with your feelings.  One day there will be no such thing as marriage honored legally, and so no point to benefiting anyone. The government will deal with the children.

I think it is good just to slow these things down as much as we can, and to pray.

WE do not have to. Saint Paul already gave us the Answer:

The Epistle of Saint Paul to the Romans; Ch. 1
"[26] For this cause God delivered them up to shameful affections. For their women have changed the natural use into that use which is against nature. [27] And, in like manner, the men also, leaving the natural use of the women, have burned in their lusts one towards another, men with men working that which is filthy, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was due to their error. [28] And as they liked not to have God in their knowledge, God delivered them up to a reprobate sense, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all iniquity, malice, fornication, avarice, wickedness, full of envy, murder, contention, deceit, malignity, whisperers, [30] Detractors, hateful to God, contumelious, proud, haughty, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

[31] Foolish, dissolute, without affection, without fidelity, without mercy. [32] Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them."
(03-28-2013, 10:03 PM)Dmorgan Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 07:45 PM)Doce Me Wrote:

WE do not have to. Saint Paul already gave us the Answer:

The Epistle of Saint Paul to the Romans; Ch. 1
"[26] For this cause God delivered them up to shameful affections. For their women have changed the natural use into that use which is against nature. [27] And, in like manner, the men also, leaving the natural use of the women, have burned in their lusts one towards another, men with men working that which is filthy, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was due to their error. [28] And as they liked not to have God in their knowledge, God delivered them up to a reprobate sense, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all iniquity, malice, fornication, avarice, wickedness, full of envy, murder, contention, deceit, malignity, whisperers, [30] Detractors, hateful to God, contumelious, proud, haughty, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

[31] Foolish, dissolute, without affection, without fidelity, without mercy. [32] Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them."
Yes and we pray to St Micheal to send to hell all the demons seeking the ruin of souls....these scumweasles who are promoting this horror are demons with flesh costumes