Pope Francis' Holy Thursday Mass: 3 minute homily, women's feet washed
So...did he actually end up including non-Catholics and non-Christians in the spectacle?
(03-28-2013, 01:52 PM)Pheo Wrote: So...did he actually end up including non-Catholics and non-Christians in the spectacle?

Yep, at least two muslims.  Just confirmed by the press secretary.
(03-28-2013, 01:53 PM)Oatmeal Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 01:52 PM)Pheo Wrote: So...did he actually end up including non-Catholics and non-Christians in the spectacle?

Yep, two muslims.  Just confirmed by the press secretary.

Then inspired by HK's recent blog entry, I'm just going to pretend I'm a medieval serf who barely knows who the pope is.  This is ridiculous.
it is pathetic that if true, we have a pope that broke the church's liturgical rules on washing only men's feet to signify the apostles.
Now the flood gates are open for every crazy liturgical nazi to come out and do whatever they want with the public prayer of the church and Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
God help us!
(03-28-2013, 01:53 PM)Oatmeal Wrote:

Yep, at least two muslims.  Just confirmed by the press secretary.

:pray2:
The thing that makes me mad is that when I was an Evangelical I didn't stress about this stuff.

The defenders of this stuff, many of the same folks who thought Benedict's liturgical conservatism was wonderful, are now calling those of us who are critical Pharisees.

But religion is meaningless without standards. Why get all uptight about what is used for the bread or wine if God's Love and the Gospel are all that matters?

:'(
(03-28-2013, 02:05 PM)tridentinist Wrote:Is it wrong to hope that the security issues of the Pope residing in the Domus Sanctae Marthae may cause this pontificate to be a brief one, if you get my drift?

Unfortunately yeah.

We have to resolve to pray that he will be opened by the Holy Spirit to the right way of doing things liturgically. (I'm failing at that pretty bad so I understand how you feel)
Does anyone know if he's going to be handing out Holy Communion to Muslims? I hope it's just for the Catholics who have attended Confession.
(03-28-2013, 02:01 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: it is pathetic that if true, we have a pope that broke the church's liturgical rules on washing only men's feet to signify the apostles.

Makes you wonder, what intended message is he sending by placing women in this position that signifies the priesthood...
(03-28-2013, 02:16 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 02:01 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: it is pathetic that if true, we have a pope that broke the church's liturgical rules on washing only men's feet to signify the apostles.

Makes you wonder, what intended message is he sending by placing women in this position that signifies the priesthood...

Ha, I hope not.  The two Muslims are much more difficult to explain though.