Pope Francis' Holy Thursday Mass: 3 minute homily, women's feet washed
Someone try to take MY shoe off, they're getting kicked in the face.

(This happened :LOL: I didn't know what the priest was doing. I'd stopped because there was a line, had my babies in front of me, husband behind me, so I was looking around to the city street, then suddenly felt hands on my right ankle from behind, where the wall was! Thought someone was trying to steal my Miu Miu ! I'm afraid I cursed before figuring it out — yes, cursed right outside the narthex. ON Holy Thursday. I can't help it. I just kicked and said, "The F**** are you... oh! Sorry Father.")

He lived. (I didn't think I would; everyone knew what had happened before the Mass even started. I wanted to leave but my husband wouldn't let us. In my column of "most embarrassing things EVER".)

Nervous because our new priest is doing it in about an hour, and we've never seen him do a Holy Thursday, but I'm going to keep my eyes on my feet until I'm in the pew. I'm half-scared I'll be jumped as I kneel for Eucharist, and really get my ticket to Hell punched.

(Yes, I've been praying all day. I'm taking a break and just letting the nervousness flow!)
So let's see, instead of washing the feet of 12 Catholic males he washes the feet of 12 non-Catholic females...

Doesn't this sound diabolical to anyone else but me?  This is inversion, rather perversion, which is right up Satan's ally.

Each day I take one step closer to sedevacantism, or at least living under the axiom that "a doubtful pope is no pope."

I am sick at heart...is there anything we can do? I used to get so angry about this very thing at the novous ordo parish I went to years ago!
(03-28-2013, 03:44 PM)Nic Wrote: So let's see, instead of washing the feet of 12 Catholic males he washes the feet of 12 non-Catholic females...

Doesn't this sound diabolical to anyone else but me?  This is inversion, rather perversion, which is right up Satan's ally.

Each day I take one step closer to sedevacantism, or at least living under the axiom that "a doubtful pope is no pope."
Don't lose the faith and enter into schism.
I wasn't paying attention for the bulk of JPII's papacy...did he ever do this?
(03-28-2013, 03:52 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: I wasn't paying attention for the bulk of JPII's papacy...did he ever do this?

no
(03-28-2013, 03:44 PM)Nic Wrote: So let's see, instead of washing the feet of 12 Catholic males he washes the feet of 12 non-Catholic females...

Nic, don't sweat it.  i just took a peek at another forum on this very topic and a poster assured everyone that the Holy Ghost has spoken, the case is closed.

:Hmm:
(03-28-2013, 03:24 PM)cunctas_haereses Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 03:04 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Thank you, oatmeal.

Because the gospel of the mandatum read on Holy Thursday also depicts Jesus as the "Teacher and Lord" who humbly serves his disciples by performing this extraordinary gesture which goes beyond the laws of hospitality,2 the element of humble service has accentuated the celebration of the foot washing rite in the United States over the last decade or more. In this regard, it has become customary in many places to invite both men and women to be participants in this rite in recognition of the service that should be given by all the faithful to the Church and to the world. Thus, in the United States, a variation in the rite developed in which not only charity is signified but also humble service.

While this variation may differ from the rubric of the Sacramentary which mentions only men ("viri selecti"), it may nevertheless be said that the intention to emphasize service along with charity in the celebration of the rite is an understandable way of accentuating the evangelical command of the Lord, "who came to serve and not to be served," that all members of the Church must serve one another in love.

Why call yourself 'Strict Catholic Girl' when you're not strict at all? The rubrics state clearly - no women. It's not a 'variation' - it's a violation. And long term violation is no justification. Sad.

I was quoting the USCCB website there. I didn't say I agreed with it. 

He's at a prison. One would hope there wouldn't be any Catholics there. But... ah. LOL
This feeling I have now is the same as I had under JPII.... never knowing from day to day what kind of crazy modernist trick he will pull dismantling the doctrine or liturgy of the Church.
This constant craze for superficial relevance and to seem hip and with-it to engage a demographic of people who don't have Our Lord's interests at heart but their own desire to do whatever they want and not be condemned by anyone, not even a pope makes me bewildered.
This is just sickening and I hope whatever remnant of traditional Catholicism is left in power in the Vatican calls this new pope on his actions and warns him that even a simple politician knows "don't tick off your base." Traditional Catholics are the only reliable and true supporters of the Church left in the world.
But i fear this new pope is an idealogue and he doesn't really care about the faith at all, just cares about himself and his agenda, which is to somehow use the power and bully pulpit of the Church do advance a form of marxism on the religious world.
May God reveal my fears to be groundless and entirely wrong!