We made AP
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_VATICAN_POPE_TRADITIONALISTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-29-16-43-17

Francis' decision to disregard church law and wash the feet of two girls - a Serbian Muslim and an Italian Catholic - during a Holy Thursday ritual has become something of the final straw, evidence that Francis has little or no interest in one of the key priorities of Benedict's papacy: reviving the pre-Vatican II traditions of the Catholic Church.
I'm mostly surprised it doesn't make us look like insane fundamentalist extremists.
(03-29-2013, 06:48 PM)Farmer88 Wrote: I'm mostly surprised it doesn't make us look like insane fundamentalist extremists.

Very true. When I opened this thread, I was expecting a vitriolic attack as usual.
Wow, very even handed and reasonable. 
How wonderful!  Everyone deserves to have their feet washed!  Because, you know, he's humble, and I thought you should know.
I keep wondering what they mean when they're talking about the Latin Massachusetts.  ???
"The Latin Massachusetts."

Sounds like someone's spellchecker is out of date.
(03-29-2013, 08:55 PM)HuskerTom Wrote: I keep wondering what they mean when they're talking about the Latin Massachusetts.   ???

Me too.  I thought most of the people in Massechusetts were Anglos.
(03-29-2013, 08:29 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: How wonderful!  Everyone deserves to have their feet washed!  Because, you know, he's humble, and I thought you should know.

I think the best part is that he makes sure that everybody notices his humility...by changing stuff important to other people just because it's what he feels like doing at any particular moment.

I need a new dictionary.  Apparently, the correct definition of humble appears under 'mercurial' in mine...
(03-29-2013, 08:29 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: How wonderful!  Everyone deserves to have their feet washed!  Because, you know, he's humble, and I thought you should know.

You're starting to resemble a broken record.