Nightmarish new disease
Apparently, Morgellons might be caused by something the government did to reduce
global warming.  Read the comments on this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kn2eJ-FybbA&search=morgellons

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, posting because I googled to find mention of Morgellon's Disease on Catholic forums. I'm Catholic, but not Traditionalist. I'm posting to educate; I have Morgellon's Disease, although in either an early stage or a relatively mild case. I don't have large lesions as many sufferers do and the fibers seem to be restricted to my scalp, which is where it starts for most of us. I don't know whether it will progress or whether I'm fortunate.

This is a very real disorder which no one yet understands. If you read any of the forums devoted to it, you find people who truly do sound unstable, fortifying the traditional medical establishment's acusation that people who have the symptoms really have Delusional Parasitosis (Delusions of Parasites or DOP, a mental disorder). Some probably do, some are mentally ill, some are hypochondriacs and some probably seem that way due to the anxiety over symptoms,  disbelief and lack of help.  If you read far enough, however, you find posts from plenty of rational people who have regular jobs and go to great lengths to hide the disorder from others. Very few of us are willing to "come out of the closet", so to speak. No one knows for sure if it's contageous. We are holding our "normal" lives together very tenuously.

The study from the Center for Disease Control has not provided any information to date. Initially they said on their website that the results of the study would be published there. Since last fall, they've been promising to publish during early 2011. Now they say they will publish in a peer journal and not on their website. In the meantime, no traditional physician will treat or acknowledge the disorder and we are left to find answers and treatments for ourselves, from alternative medicine or from dangerous and bizarre "treatments" we come up with ourselves. The things that many people are trying in desperation are, in my opinion, probably making the symptoms worse because they're destroying the integrity of the skin.

It would be a good idea if everyone educated themselves on this disorder. It isn't limited to south Texas. The largest pockets are in Texas, California and Florida, which may have to do with humidity. There is evidence that there is a fungal component. However, it's everywhere. All over the world. Some think it's environmental or from GMO organisms run amock. I have no idea; there are so many theories and I suspect there's a little truth in many of them but that they aren't the final answer. There are lots of conspiracy theories, of course.

And for the person who mentioned vampirism, no we're not vampires. There does seem to be parasite involvement but it is not identified so far and people in different geographical locations seem to experience different parasites. It would appear that the parasite involvement is secondary, possibly related to the fungal component. Please know that most of us are clean people who live in clean homes and who lived normal lives before developing symptoms. Most of us don't know how we got it, but most of us agree that we were in a weakened immune condition when symptoms first appeared. There is some evidence that it can be carried for a long time without becoming symptomatic, that only when the immune system is seriously compromised does the disorder manifest itself.

In any case, this is a very real disease and information should be gotten out to "regular" people. It's not something that only happens to a small segment of a population in some backwater. Taking us seriously probably won't happen until uninfected folks begin to look into it and take it seriously, too. Plus, the uninfected or non-symptomatic population needs to take good care of itself and strengthen their own immune systems.
I also meant to add that although I am reluctant to give much detail about my symptoms, I would be glad to answer questions. Very few people are aware that they very likely know someone with the symptoms or how widespread it is. 

I am a professional woman in my late 50's. Although there are younger people developing symptoms, the majority of us seem to be middle-aged or older, which would make sense because the immune system declines with age.   
An Ave for you and all that suffer this disease.  :pray2:
Thankyou, Dymphna.

I would be very pleased if people would educate themselves on this disease just as they would with cancer, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc. If I have to have this, I'd like to at least have a worthwhile effect. I may not be willing to go "public" but I'm reasonably intelligent and can post about it.
Welcome to the forum!  :hello!:

I'm sorry to hear that you have this disease and I will be praying for you. 

Thank you for coming forward about this.

I went to college with a girl who had chronic Lyme disease, and often even doctors wouldn't believe her about the symptoms she experenced.  I even heard one doctor say to our faces that it didn't exist and she couldn't be in that much pain.  He said that Lyme is treated right away now so it wouldn't ever become chronic -- well, hers got missed and she has major health issues because of it.

I've also had chronic pelvic pain for over half my life now.  So, I guess what I'm saying is -- I know what it's like to have doctors not believe you.  I know how hard it can be to keep going, not knowing if this next treatment is going to work or not.

God bless you.
OCLittleFlower,
It's funny you should mention Lyme because there is apparently some connection between the two diseases. Many people who have morgellons report having tested positive for Lyme as well. I don't have Lyme symptoms and have not been tested so can't answer to it personally. There are some legitimate researchers out there doing some good work but it's not enough. Most are not willing to stick their necks out for fear of being ostracized by the scientific and medical establishment. The Lymebusters website has a lot of info on morgellons, but as with almost all morgellons sites, some of it's rational and some of it, well, let's just say a lot of the theories out there are questionable and stabbing in the dark.

I'm sorry you and your friend have had such issues with docs. It seems if it doesn't fall into a nice clean category set by managed care and pharmaceutical companies, it just doesn't exist. I think docs are also afraid to step outside the zone because of fear of malpractice. So they just stick their heads in the sand.
(04-26-2011, 04:56 PM)tinwhistle Wrote: OCLittleFlower,
It's funny you should mention Lyme because there is apparently some connection between the two diseases. Many people who have morgellons report having tested positive for Lyme as well. I don't have Lyme symptoms and have not been tested so can't answer to it personally. There are some legitimate researchers out there doing some good work but it's not enough. Most are not willing to stick their necks out for fear of being ostracized by the scientific and medical establishment. The Lymebusters website has a lot of info on morgellons, but as with almost all morgellons sites, some of it's rational and some of it, well, let's just say a lot of the theories out there are questionable and stabbing in the dark.

I'm sorry you and your friend have had such issues with docs. It seems if it doesn't fall into a nice clean category set by managed care and pharmaceutical companies, it just doesn't exist. I think docs are also afraid to step outside the zone because of fear of malpractice. So they just stick their heads in the sand.

Hi Tinny. An fyi, if it seems worthwhile for you to look into. Samento (in tincture form), I have heard mention by alt. practitioners as being indicated in treating Lyme's. Samento is an immune modulator and because of that (what little info on it I've seen) is purported to treat a wide range of immune disorders. I cannot find the link I used to use, which included lots of practitioners' experiences in treating (rather detailed case histories which included dosages, etc, tho not outright research studies) but here is a different one - if Morgellons and Lyme's do share a link.   :pray2:  I would also think that a vitamin D3 level at maybe the top 1/3 of the reference range (ranges I've seen are [20-100] or about [30-80] seems very prudent, since D3 is actually a hormone, has immuno modulating effects as I understand it, and deficiency is commonplace. The lab to get is "25 - O Hydroxy" or sometimes a variant of those words. The kind of D3 to supplement with is the "wet" kind in gel cap - caliciferol (sp) should be the source. If I was regimenting w/ an autoimmmune disorder (I live in winterous lands) if my D3 level was in the bottom half of the reference range, esp. during winter, I'd probably do about 8000 i/u's per day for a couple months, then re-check the lab.

The samento needs to be "TOA" free -- that's important.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james26.htm
(04-26-2011, 04:56 PM)tinwhistle Wrote: OCLittleFlower,

The Lyme connection is interesting.

I think a lot of doctors don't want to admit when they don't understand something, either.  They think they are all-knowing and amazing and all -- and they lack the humility to say "hey, you know, this is really strange -- I haven't seen anything like it before."  I was lucky when I was five and had a horrid reaction to an antibiotic.  The docs hadn't seen anything like it before, but they did call the University of California for help and I ended up okay.  But at first they didn't believe my father about the symptoms he'd observed (red spots that came and went rapidly) -- until it happened in front of the doctor.  :laughing:
Donna,
thanks for the suggestion; I'll look into it the samento.  I've read that D vitamins are very important in the treatment of morgellons; I take a double dose of multi vitamins and have added supplements slowly but have not added D yet. I'm considering beginning a TCM regimen; it seems the safest of a the treatment options out there right now and there are positive reports. 

LittleFlower,
Yes, you're probably right; some docs do have a bit of an ego. However, I'd be glad to suffer the ego if they were a little more like House on tv. Why, he'd have this figured out in 45 minutes... :laughing: