"Blah blah blah blah blah..."
"Blah blah blah blah, let us offer each other the Sign of Peace."

Do some people just come to the NO Mass for the Sign of Peace?  It sure seems that way sometimes.

*lady bolts down the aisle in wheelchair to give someone at the front pew a kiss*
*lady finds she's unable to go back*
*lady scoots into a nearby pew, leaving her half-closed wheelchair in the aisle*
*Communion line disrupted*
*lady nearly has a big fall in her attempt to receive Communion in the hand while standing*
*lady loudly whispers her steadfast intent to receive Communion this way, no matter what*
*dark lancer facepalms*
I know a NO priest who was assigned to a new parish.  Since it's an option, he dropped the Sign of Peace and goes right into the Lamb of God.  He says the people do the Sign of Peace anyway.  Power to the people.  :eyeroll:
The diocesan bishop suspended the Sign of Peace for this year's Flu Panic of the Century, and my priest did the same thing.  People still all but made out in the pews anyway.
Fortunately, most  churches have now installed wall-to-wall carpeting.   This allows for the following strategy:   during the Our Father, scuff your feet on the carpeting and then when the sign of peace comes, generously offer your hand.   Then see if that person ever shakes your hand again.
(03-30-2013, 10:44 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Fortunately, most  churches have now installed wall-to-wall carpeting.   This allows for the following strategy:   all during the Our Father, scuff your feet on the carpeting and then when the sign of peace comes, generously offer your hand.   Then see if that person ever shakes your hand again.

Now that you propose this, I wish my parish had wall-to-wall carpeting.
In my parish there is a woman who goes out of her way to offer the sign of peace and yet if we see her in the street , she doesn't even say hallo.
Just ignores us.

:crazy:
I just close my eyes and pray for absent family, reopening them again at the Agnus Dei.  If the priest omits the Comfiteor, I say it anyway.
(03-31-2013, 12:24 AM)Allan Wrote: I just close my eyes and pray for absent family, reopening them again at the Agnus Dei.  If the priest omits the Comfiteor, I say it anyway.

This failed for me Ash Wednesday in NO land..... some person came up behind me and hugged me. For an instant I thought they were going to slip into a rear naked choke hold and I was getting reading to toss them over my head.  :LOL:
(03-31-2013, 12:56 AM)Lateran15 Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 12:24 AM)Allan Wrote: I just close my eyes and pray for absent family, reopening them again at the Agnus Dei.  If the priest omits the Comfiteor, I say it anyway.

This failed for me Ash Wednesday in NO land..... some person came up behind me and hugged me. For an instant I thought they were going to slip into a rear naked choke hold and I was getting reading to toss them over my head.  :LOL:

I think you are entitled to a mulligan for suplexing people within your personal space during the Sign of Peace.
Why subject yourself to this?  Go to the TLM or don't go.