Urbi et Orbi for Easter. Benedict vs Francis
[Image: Pope+Benedict+XVI+Holy+Mass+Day+Urbi+Et+...X487ql.jpg]

[Image: ap_pope_francis_easter2_lt_130331_wg.jpg]

Amazing what 1 year can look like. Actually a couple weeks. I mean, I do like his animated and to the point sermons that aren't abstract. However, the minimalist liturgy and vestments make a trappist monastery look like Versailles.
I will say though, the Swiss Guard have continued to wear the full armor that was restored under Benedict for Urbi et Orbis
Honest question...has this Pope ever actually acknowledged that he is Pope, or referred to himself by a Papal title other than Bishop of Rome?  I truly would like to know the details and the facts.  I want to understand how he sees his current role.  Does he accept that he holds the keys? Does he believe the keys exist?
(03-31-2013, 11:55 AM)Allan Wrote: Honest question...has this Pope ever actually acknowledged that he is Pope, or referred to himself by a Papal title other than Bishop of Rome?  I truly would like to know the details and the facts.  I want to understand how he sees his current role.  Does he accept that he holds the keys? Does he believe the keys exist?
He never once called himself pope. Just Bishop of rome. I don't get and it is worrisome to no end.
(03-31-2013, 12:01 PM)aschauer82 Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 11:55 AM)Allan Wrote: Honest question...has this Pope ever actually acknowledged that he is Pope, or referred to himself by a Papal title other than Bishop of Rome?  I truly would like to know the details and the facts.  I want to understand how he sees his current role.  Does he accept that he holds the keys? Does he believe the keys exist?
He never once called himself pope. Just Bishop of rome. I don't get and it is worrisome to no end.

Is this a humbling thing or is it because B16 is still around?

He's our pope, but I worries me too.
What's the over under on how long before he ditches the Papal whites and starts wearing a burlap sack or something equally humble?  I'm thinking 6 months.
(03-31-2013, 12:01 PM)aschauer82 Wrote:

It is not worrisome. "Pope" is an informal title. It is actually more formal to refer to himself as Bishop of Rome.
He's so humble.  Reform is just around the corner.  He's just taking small steps.  HANG IN THERE!!!  The Holy Spirit is in charge, we just need to accept that.

Get used to these phrases.
(03-31-2013, 01:02 PM)James02 Wrote: He's so humble.  Reform is just around the corner.  He's just taking small steps.  HANG IN THERE!!!  The Holy Spirit is in charge, we just need to accept that.

Get used to these phrases.

Oh!  Absolutely!  I feel nothing but love emanating from his humble gestures.  Surely, he will unite the world!  Surely, having so many pray for the pope during conclave ENSURED that the Holy Spirit has chosen a Holy Bishop of Rome!

I love you Holy Father.

He's so humble.
As I said in my other post, we at least need to appreciate the comic value.  Before long, we'll get another "he was just sniffing the Koran" moment.