Anti-trad parents of girlfriend
Keep being a gentleman about it all, even as you remain firm in your position, be courteous. They will remember trads better no matter how it turns out.

But I pray it turns out well :pray:
If she's of age and you mean to do her and her famiy no harm, make her your wife. Had I a daughter my first problem would be that she had something called a boyfriend.

Prayers for all concerned.
I'd be asked to be judged on your own merits, and not the merits of a group, or what someone read about a group.
(04-02-2013, 04:17 PM)fidelissumadroma Wrote: If she's of age and you mean to do her and her famiy no harm, make her your wife. Had I a daughter my first problem would be that she had something called a boyfriend.

First of all, I've known several good, solid Catholic marriages to fail because of the opposition of the in-laws. Why start out with the deck stacked against you? And, second, having raised two daughters, I have to point out that unless you believe in arranged marriages, it usually starts out with a 'boyfriend'.
Interesting.  The marriages that lasted I know of, including my own, all were undertaken with parental opposition on one of both sides. I had always taken opposition and marriage in the face of it as an indicator of success!
(04-02-2013, 09:50 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 04:17 PM)fidelissumadroma Wrote: If she's of age and you mean to do her and her famiy no harm, make her your wife. Had I a daughter my first problem would be that she had something called a boyfriend.

First of all, I've known several good, solid Catholic marriages to fail because of the opposition of the in-laws. Why start out with the deck stacked against you? And, second, having raised two daughters, I have to point out that unless you believe in arranged marriages, it usually starts out with a 'boyfriend'.

I'm anachronistic enough to a) not really believe in romantic love b) to think any male and female human who think one another look "ok" (and sometimes even absent that part) and have similar/complimentary outlooks and values can with God's grace make a happy and successful marriage.
How old is she and how old are you?
:pray: :pray: :pray:
:pray: :pray: :pray: