random nudity a sin?
(04-29-2013, 09:49 PM)jim111 Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 08:12 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: To the OP: No, it is not sinful, provided you looked away when you saw the pictures and did not dwell on them.

To some of the other responses in this thread: We must remember that it is not only sinful to indulge in actual lustful desires but also to allow ourselves to be in an occasion of sin, even if we don't think it will affect us. When considering what is or is not an occasion of sin, we must consider first our fallen human nature and remember second that it is only because of God that do not commit any sin we might have committed. We must remember that we are weak, frail, and fallen in nature; so, even if we do not consider ourselves affected, we must avoid those situations which would occasion a weak, frail, and fallen nature to fall into sin. If we do not sin, then to God alone be the glory: it is only God's benevolent hand that restrains us from sin; we must thank His grace for any sin we didn't commit while in life. We must not presumptuously hope in our own indifference or personal resiliency to those sins to which we, by nature, are inclined.
why then is it ok to breast feed and expose ones breast.

What bearing does this question have on INPEFESS' remarks?

[/quote]
We must remember that it is not only sinful to indulge in actual lustful desires but also to allow ourselves to be in an occasion of sin, even if we don't think it will affect us. When considering what is or is not an occasion of sin, we must consider first our fallen human nature and remember second that it is only because of God that do not commit any sin we might have committed. We must remember that we are weak, frail, and fallen in nature; so, even if we do not consider ourselves affected, we must avoid those situations which would occasion a weak, frail, and fallen nature to fall into sin. If we do not sin, then to God alone be the glory: it is only God's benevolent hand that restrains us from sin; we must thank His grace for any sin we didn't commit while in life. We must not presumptuously hope in our own indifference or personal resiliency to those sins to which we, by nature, are inclined.
(04-30-2013, 12:16 PM)jim111 Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 07:32 AM)Satori Wrote:

We must remember that it is not only sinful to indulge in actual lustful desires but also to allow ourselves to be in an occasion of sin, even if we don't think it will affect us. When considering what is or is not an occasion of sin, we must consider first our fallen human nature and remember second that it is only because of God that do not commit any sin we might have committed. We must remember that we are weak, frail, and fallen in nature; so, even if we do not consider ourselves affected, we must avoid those situations which would occasion a weak, frail, and fallen nature to fall into sin. If we do not sin, then to God alone be the glory: it is only God's benevolent hand that restrains us from sin; we must thank His grace for any sin we didn't commit while in life. We must not presumptuously hope in our own indifference or personal resiliency to those sins to which we, by nature, are inclined.
[/quote]

And what does this have to do with breastfeeding?
(04-30-2013, 02:09 PM)Satori Wrote:

[/quote]
As I said above breastfeeding where one does not cover the breast. Which I believe Vox supports and the church seems to support portraying Mary it that way.
Reading this topic I thought the OP was asking whether stripping off randomly in public would be sinful!  :LOL:

I understand that scrupulosity is a problem for some people - this is why regular spiritual direction is so important imho.
(04-30-2013, 03:58 PM)jim111 Wrote:
(04-30-2013, 02:09 PM)Satori Wrote:

As I said above breastfeeding where one does not cover the breast. Which I believe Vox supports and the church seems to support portraying Mary it that way.
[/quote]

I think you need to read about the images of Mary breastfeeding to understand the theological reason she is portrayed this way.

I am a mother who has breastfed in public and I didn't show a thing. I've seen many other mothers breastfeeding in public and I wouldn't even have known what they were doing except for my own experience. I have never seen a woman in public deliberately flashing anyone while nursing, although "wardrobe malfunctions" do happen sometimes whether you breastfeed or not. It is the responsibility of women to protect their own dignity and the feelings of others by being modest in dress and demeanor. It is the responsibility of men to resist being scandalized by things that are not scandalous.