My Diocese has a Bishop
We have a new bishop in the Diocese of Fargo - Pope Francis named Monsignor John Thomas Folda. 

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/395740/

Any Nebraska fishies know of him?
Lincoln, NE is a hotbed of orthodoxy so he should be pretty good...
Lynne

+JMJ+

"Certainly, you must be informed about modern errors because preaching the truth involves preaching about distancing oneself from error; but do not make the negative, secondary aspect into the most important! Your first aim is not to fight against error but to know the truth. Your central concern should be study, your sanctification, silence, meditation, and the exercise of charity." - Archbishop Lefebvre
(04-08-2013, 02:55 PM)catquilt Wrote: Lincoln, NE is a hotbed of orthodoxy so he should be pretty good...

That is what I'm hoping. 
I would say that if a) he's the director of the Seminary in the Diocese of Lincoln and b) if he was made a Monsignor at the request of the Bishop of Lincoln, you're in good shape.
Congrats!

How long did you wait?  I'm curious as we have been without a Bishop for a few months now.  I know it is likely to be quite a bit longer.  I'm praying for an orthodox, traditional, and courageous Bishop. 

(04-08-2013, 04:36 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: Congrats!

How long did you wait?  I'm curious as we have been without a Bishop for a few months now.  I know it is likely to be quite a bit longer.   I'm praying for an orthodox, traditional, and courageous Bishop. 

It's been since June of last year.  It sounds like our new bishop won't be installed until this June, so one year total with out a bishop.  Feels like forever. 
(04-08-2013, 04:43 PM)Joamy Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 04:36 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: Congrats!

How long did you wait?  I'm curious as we have been without a Bishop for a few months now.  I know it is likely to be quite a bit longer.   I'm praying for an orthodox, traditional, and courageous Bishop. 

It's been since June of last year.  It sounds like our new bishop won't be installed until this June, so one year total with out a bishop.  Feels like forever. 

Dang, that suggests we have a long time to wait yet. 
This is the 4th Bishop coming from the little diocese of Lincoln Nebraska  (Him, Olmsted in Phoenix, Vasa in Santa Rosa and Jaeckels transferred to Dubuque) He should be excellent, i wonder if these appointments are the last of Benedict's or the new Pope?  Rumors are circulating though that Olmsted is heading to Rome to head a major Curia position , if this is true this is very positive news!
(04-08-2013, 05:49 PM)salus Wrote: This is the 4th Bishop coming from the little diocese of Lincoln Nebraska   (Him, Olmsted in Phoenix, Vasa in Santa Rosa and Jaeckels transferred to Dubuque) He should be excellent, i wonder if these appointments are the last of Benedict's or the new Pope?  Rumors are circulating though that Olmsted is heading to Rome to head a major Curia position , if this is true this is very positive news!

Its probably those who were in the pipeline when B16 was still pope.  If Cardinal Quillet stays in his position we can probably expect to see more Bishops like this.  If not, we might be in trouble. 
(04-08-2013, 05:49 PM)salus Wrote: i wonder if these appointments are the last of Benedict's or the new Pope?

While the pope usually gets credit for bishops (and rightly so), they are mostly picked through the machine before it gets to His Holiness's desk.

My guess is that F1 is just approving the one started through B16's process.

(Aside: when did popes start sounding like military jets?)