My Diocese has a Bishop
As rector of St. Gregory the Great, he has been on cordial, even good, terms with the FSSP seminary, Our Lady of Guadalupe. The two seminaries often get together to compete in athletics, for instance. St. Gregory the Great also hosts some excellent talks. I saw Ronald Rychlak give a talk about his book "Hitler, the War, and the Pope" there (he defends Pius XII's reputation against those who defame him as a Nazi sympathizer). So I'm thinking this guy is very solid (especially if Bruskewitz entrusted him with the formation of the diocese's future priests).
MSGR. FOLDA!!!!!!!!

Wow.  Just wow.  I know a guy who's a bishop before he became bishop.
(04-08-2013, 05:56 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 05:49 PM)salus Wrote: This is the 4th Bishop coming from the little diocese of Lincoln Nebraska   (Him, Olmsted in Phoenix, Vasa in Santa Rosa and Jaeckels transferred to Dubuque) He should be excellent, i wonder if these appointments are the last of Benedict's or the new Pope?  Rumors are circulating though that Olmsted is heading to Rome to head a major Curia position , if this is true this is very positive news!

If Cardinal Quillet stays in his position we can probably expect to see more Bishops like this. 

I assume you mean the Cardinal-Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for Bishops, His Eminence Marc, Cardinal Ouellet? :)