Card. Kasper, VII Documents-Admits to intentional compromise
I am not terribly surprised at this admission, though it does of course make me rather unhappy. I have been reading John XXIII's Opening Address, which seemed to presume the world wanted or even acknowledged the teaching of the Church. Not being around the 60s, I can's speak to the climate, but fifty years since...well anything but openness to the Gospel has characterized regimes in the West.

Though I have not fully investigated the matter myself, I follow the Pope and the Magisterium, and refuse to read Vatican II in anything but an expression of earlier Tradition. However, I'm still confused and saddened about the state of the Church, and it's easy to see how the ambiguities in Vatican II could be exploited by the Enemy. I don't think the answer is as simple as "If there had been no V.II, no change to the Mass, the Church would not be in this crisis," but every now and then I do wonder how much Vatican II helped during the crisis of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Card. Kasper, VII Documents-Admits to intentional compromise - by Philosoraptor - 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM