Women to Control Vatican !
The Curia is a group of assistants. They don't teach anything. It's the Pope's curia, so he can put who he wants there. Without the Pope, they can pound sand. They don't have any power of their own. Hey, I would love to have women in there, just to make some trads wiggle in their pews a bit. It's always good to get cut down a notch. I trust my wife with a lot. Should I go back and tell her she can't teach and discipline the kids when I'm out? It seems to always come back to women ...
(04-21-2013, 09:15 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: I'd love to see it too, but I'm not accepting cookies or registering. Anyone do a copy/paste?

Paste

"Pope’s strongman blasts old guard aside

The pontiff is to give more women top jobs and break the grip of Italian cardinals, his key aide tells John Follain in Vatican City
POPE FRANCIS plans to appoint lay women to top jobs in the Vatican and to dilute the power of Italian cardinals in a radical shake-up of the Catholic Church’s government following a series of scandals.

In a move branded as “revolutionary” by Vatican watchers, the Pope last weekend appointed eight cardinals to advise him on the governance and reform of the Curia, the church’s bureaucracy which has been tainted by controversies over child sex abuse by priests, leaks of papal files and allegations of corruption.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga of Honduras, whom Francis named to head the panel and who is now seen as a “power behind the papal throne”, predicted a difficult fight ahead for the Argentine pontiff."
(04-22-2013, 03:44 AM)bkovacs Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 09:15 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: I'd love to see it too, but I'm not accepting cookies or registering. Anyone do a copy/paste?

Paste

"Pope’s strongman blasts old guard aside

The pontiff is to give more women top jobs and break the grip of Italian cardinals, his key aide tells John Follain in Vatican City
POPE FRANCIS plans to appoint lay women to top jobs in the Vatican and to dilute the power of Italian cardinals in a radical shake-up of the Catholic Church’s government following a series of scandals.

In a move branded as “revolutionary” by Vatican watchers, the Pope last weekend appointed eight cardinals to advise him on the governance and reform of the Curia, the church’s bureaucracy which has been tainted by controversies over child sex abuse by priests, leaks of papal files and allegations of corruption.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga of Honduras, whom Francis named to head the panel and who is now seen as a “power behind the papal throne”, predicted a difficult fight ahead for the Argentine pontiff."

There is more text to the article though. You have to subscribe.
(04-21-2013, 11:40 PM)Vincentius Wrote: C'mon now.  Is Pope Francis scripturaly illiterate?   Hasn't he in mind what St. Paul said about women in the sanctuary and in the ministry?

1 Timothy 2: 11-12 
Let the woman learn in silence, with all subjection.   But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to use authority over the man: but to be in silence.

(I guess he read that Obama was going to appoint a woman as Chief of the Secret Service?)  :O :LOL:

Edited to add:  Do we have to believe everything the Sundaytimes from the UK have to say?  They are Church of England, ain't they, where women rule?

We have four female Doctors of the Church, mate.  So yes, women can have teaching roles, just not at the pulpit.
(04-22-2013, 06:05 AM)Melchior Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 11:40 PM)Vincentius Wrote: C'mon now.  Is Pope Francis scripturaly illiterate?   Hasn't he in mind what St. Paul said about women in the sanctuary and in the ministry?

Let the woman learn in silence, with all subjection.   But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to use authority over the man: but to be in silence.

(I guess he read that Obama was going to appoint a woman as Chief of the Secret Service?)  :O :LOL:

Edited to add:  Do we have to believe everything the Sundaytimes from the UK have to say?  They are Church of England, ain't they, where women rule?

We have four female Doctors of the Church, mate.  So yes, women can have teaching roles, just not at the pulpit.

And so are there male Doctors of the Church.  But to be one you have to be dead for a long time, declared venerable, beatified, then canonized.  I thought we were talking about contemporary ones.  Not going to happen.  The Holy See will still have to introduce altar boy girls first and that's not happening yet.
(04-22-2013, 06:22 AM)Vincentius Wrote:
(04-22-2013, 06:05 AM)Melchior Wrote:

And so are there male Doctors of the Church.  But to be one you have to be dead for a long time, declared venerable, beatified, then canonized.  I thought we were talking about contemporary ones.  Not going to happen.  The Holy See will still have to introduce altar boy girls first and that's not happening yet.

You're missing the point.  Your post essentially said "women can't teach, and need to keep quiet".  Yet "Doctor of the Church (Latin doctor, teacher, from Latin docere, to teach)" indicates otherwise.
(04-21-2013, 09:05 PM)StMichael929 Wrote: If they are in the mold of Mother Angelica I'd be happy. 

Sadly, that mold was broken long ago. What we have now does not measure up to her abilities to dance. Mother new what she was up against and 'danced' (Tango anyone?) well to get her points across. She also knew her limitations. The neofeminine sisters are just obstinate (for one), like the group the Pope is currently trying to bring back to alignment with sound Church teaching. Once that 'genie' is out of the bottle, its hard to get it back in and this one has been out a long time.

(04-21-2013, 09:20 PM)The Curt Jester Wrote: Is this another question of promoting a person to her own level of incompetence?

The Peter Principle is alive an well in the world today and 'broadly' practiced. Having spent many years working among women in Nursing, I can attest to the outcome ahead if they get a foothold. They are very good architects of glass ceilings too. If you want an archetypical model of the result of female domination of a field, check out the abysmal results of the nursing profession. They do well in-spite of themselves. They tend to find fault with persons and not systems. This is their greatest error, in my humble opinion, and the main reason this will eventually fail and horridly.
There is the possibility he knows of some orthodox Sisters. Perhaps in the their sixties strong and committed. It would circumvent all the Monsignore romanita, where testosterone and intrigue meet, because the hormone would be gone. Sprinkling them throughout might make it more palatable. In large organizations there is always intrigue and higher ups join forces and concoct plans to thwart other plans, it goes back to the sons of thunder. Power is a strange motivator.

tim
If the women chosen are faithful, obedient, and orthodox I have no real issue with this.  However, many of the women who have worked at the parish level, diocesan offices, and even the USCCB bureaucracy have been a major factor leading to the issues we have experienced over the past 50 years.  Mid-level people who are not truly in charge of anything can still affect outcomes greatly as things are routed through them.  Furthermore, they shape discussion and affect what is seen and heard about a certain topic by those positioned above them. 
Have any of you seen the Dominican sister which teach Catechism for kids on EWTN ? I've seen more than a few episodes and they fit the bill but they are younger sisters. All is not doom there are some besides the tiny trad Chapels and diocesan TLM Churches that still retain the Faith. This is what happens when people pound words and phrases like Councilar Church. It makes it seem the entire Church are modernists.

tim