Women to Control Vatican !
(04-22-2013, 11:09 AM)Poche Wrote: Everybody has been complaining about the Vatican administration. incompetance, corruption suspected "gay mafia." Now they are talking about bringing in new faces and some of you are still complaining.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????? 

Pretty much. Yes. You understand well. Who's going to be bringing in the new faces? The old faces. SOS, different day.

How about they make the Pope the Pope, excommunicate any bishop who is disobedient and EVIL like Marini (no, he gets no title from me; he's a demon), and see how things go from there.

At this stage, I'd far prefer Pope Francis would bring in an OUTSIDE committee to go through the rotten Curia (since he's too humble to clean house himself) and leave off the stupid politically-correct but SEXIST "hiring rules."
(04-21-2013, 06:25 PM)jim111 Wrote: Why women?

Probably because a good chunk of them wouldn't be distracted by having women around anyway.

[img width=300]http://i35.tinypic.com/wk5mpc.jpg[/img]
(04-21-2013, 06:36 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: Agreed.  Why women?  Also, why is this good? 

I can't see how appointing lay women to top jobs at various diocese around the country has gone particularly well.  In fact, it has been pretty crappy all around and has served to create the class of people we have come to know as Professional Catholics.  As such, I fail to see how this is going to work out to wonderfully in the Vatican. 

Well ever since the "pseudo council" that came after the Second Vatican council, which pretty much brought allot of feminization to the Church. Is it any wonder!. Allot more women go to the modern day Roman Rite Masses, vs men (not that its a bad thing). Just my observations from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Allot of women go to daily Mass as well (not that it's a bad thing), while their hubbies are out working, or before they themselves go to work in the morning. Allot of women like being EMHC, cantors (right in front of the alter to get peoples attention to respond vs in the back where the choir should be), and lectors.  The "pseudo council" opened the doors wide for all types of equality to priests and altar boys. You now even got altar girls in most Roman Rite parishes in the world. Probably more altar girls in the NO parishes vs guys in the EF ones.  Basically the NO form is more geared towards those who want to physically do something because of the misinterpreted "active physical participation" of the "Bugnini pseudo council" vs the EF Mass and its correct intepretation of "active prayerful participation" of the Second Vatican Council. Is this all the same Rite??. Hmm!. 
(04-23-2013, 01:40 AM)bkovacs Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 06:36 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: Agreed.  Why women?  Also, why is this good? 

I can't see how appointing lay women to top jobs at various diocese around the country has gone particularly well.  In fact, it has been pretty crappy all around and has served to create the class of people we have come to know as Professional Catholics.  As such, I fail to see how this is going to work out to wonderfully in the Vatican. 

Well ever since the "pseudo council" that came after the Second Vatican council, which pretty much brought allot of feminization to the Church. Is it any wonder!. Allot more women go to the modern day Roman Rite Masses, vs men. Just my observations from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Allot of women go to daily Mass as well, while their hubbies are out working, or before they themselves go to work in the morning. Allot of women like being EMHC, cantors (right in front of the alter to get peoples attention to respond vs in the back where the choir should be), and lectors.  The "pseudo council" opened the doors wide for all types of equality to priests and altar boys. You now even got altar girls in most Roman Rite parishes in the world. Probably more altar girls in the NO parishes vs the EF ones. 

I have never heard of an EF mass with altar girls. 

When it comes to the gender makeup of churches, I know I see more old ladies there alone, along with middle aged women.  And it is easier for a stay at home mom to go to daily Mass than her husband, who might have to work tons of hours so she can stay home.  I would not doubt that all the altar girls, EMHC's and female lectors feminized the liturgy but as a man, what pushes me away even more is the effeminate priests.

My wife's family is Italian Catholic and all of the women in the family are ultra devout, and the men are all apathetic towards it.  I think it has less to do with Vatican II and more to do with the fact that they are too busy sinning and sleeping around.
I know EF Masses don't have altar girls. But you do have way more NO Masses vs EF Masses in the world, which was kind of my point.
"I would not doubt that all the altar girls, EMHC's and female lectors feminized the liturgy but as a man, what pushes me away even more is the effeminate priests. "

The non effeminate priests are saying the EF Mass or have become Byzantine catholic priests.
(04-22-2013, 06:09 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: (S)ince he's too humble to clean house himself...

Yes, God forbid that Pope Francis act like a Pope and do the job he was elected to do! That wouldn't be 'humble'! :eyeroll: