My girlfriend's spirituality and "sensus fidei"
Being homeschooled and having her mother's prayer routine (her mom was a grad student at Steubenville) made prayer very monotonous for her.  She has trouble praying the rosary and not just saying the rosary.

Her "sensus fidei" is kind of burned out.  :/

Her prayer life isn't as strong as it could be.
:pray:
:pray2:
Lynne

+JMJ+

"Certainly, you must be informed about modern errors because preaching the truth involves preaching about distancing oneself from error; but do not make the negative, secondary aspect into the most important! Your first aim is not to fight against error but to know the truth. Your central concern should be study, your sanctification, silence, meditation, and the exercise of charity." - Archbishop Lefebvre
:pray2:
Her problem isn't saying the Luminous Mysteries, is it?  :P

At any rate:  :pray:
Heh, no.  :P

It just feels like we're under constant spiritual attack and it's harming her strength and faith.  She and I are so much alike, I'm afraid despair might be a very real temptation for her.
(05-01-2013, 08:34 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Heh, no.  :P

It just feels like we're under constant spiritual attack and it's harming her strength and faith.  She and I are so much alike, I'm afraid despair might be a very real temptation for her.
Is she a contemplative soul? I might have a good recommendation.

Buy her a copy of Divine Intimacy (It's a bit pricey, almost as much as most hand missals). She might find mental prayer helpful.
Is there any parish that offers perpetual adoration nearby? I've found that alone time with Our Lord really helps in times of despair.