My girlfriend's spirituality and "sensus fidei"
(05-01-2013, 09:17 PM)tradne4163 Wrote:
(05-01-2013, 08:34 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Heh, no.  :P

It just feels like we're under constant spiritual attack and it's harming her strength and faith.  She and I are so much alike, I'm afraid despair might be a very real temptation for her.
Is she a contemplative soul? I might have a good recommendation.

Buy her a copy of Divine Intimacy (It's a bit pricey, almost as much as most hand missals). She might find mental prayer helpful.

^ This. I turn to Divine Intimacy or St. Teresa of Avila when I'm having a hard time of prayer (which is often!)  Also, "The Ways of Mental Prayer" has a lot of advice about times of discouragement in prayer.
Thank you all.  At this time, with her studies in Germany, I can't really help her out as far as getting her things.

She's stressed, homesick, sick (she's got a cold), feeling depressed (saying things she doesn't mean, hurtful things, then apologizing), oversleeping, not eating well and is having other difficulties I won't mention. 

More prayers, please?
:pray2:
:pray2:
(05-31-2013, 09:46 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: Thank you all.  At this time, with her studies in Germany, I can't really help her out as far as getting her things.

She's stressed, homesick, sick (she's got a cold), feeling depressed (saying things she doesn't mean, hurtful things, then apologizing), oversleeping, not eating well and is having other difficulties I won't mention. 

More prayers, please?

:pray: