Swamped in Woe
:pray2:
I'll add you and your family in my prayer intentions. Please do likewise for me and thank you in advance.
(05-04-2013, 03:14 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: I'll add you and your family in my prayer intentions. Please do likewise for me and thank you in advance.

Thank you, HG. I always do remember you.
:pray2: :pray: :pray2:

Same/similar boat here.  One thing my husband came up with that got us back to church... There's obligations and there's SACRAMENTS.  You can break an obligation, and sometimes it's necessary to.  But don't break sacraments.  Sacraments are a gift from God, the nourishment our souls need.  If you're mom is like some of the personality disordered people I know, they tend to make me feel resentful of obligations.  It helps me to not consider receipt of the sacraments as yet another obligation.
(05-05-2013, 02:33 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: :pray2:

Same/similar boat here.  One thing my husband came up with that got us back to church... There's obligations and there's SACRAMENTS.  You can break an obligation, and sometimes it's necessary to.  But don't break sacraments.  Sacraments are a gift from God, the nourishment our souls need.  If you're mom is like some of the personality disordered people I know, they tend to make me feel resentful of obligations.  It helps me to not consider receipt of the sacraments as yet another obligation.

You're right, and I have been thinking of them that way lately. So joyless, my thinking. Just one more thing I gotta do so God won't be even angrier with me. (Whoever said we see God as being like our earthly fathers? More, I tend to suspect him of being like my mother.)

I'm having a hard time with the BVM, too -- because she's a mother. The loving kindness has to be a facade!

I identified with a lot of what you said when describing your own problems right now. If you ever want to "talk" about all that jazz, just PM me!

On the bright side, I took some valerian root and managed to sleep through the night. I also went to confession yesterday afternoon and felt as if I'd died and gone to Heaven. I'm having a very hard time with confession lately, though, because I can't untangle the things I'm really guilty for from the things I've been made to feel guilty for, unjustly.
(05-05-2013, 02:39 PM)Satori Wrote: I'm having a very hard time with confession lately, though, because I can't untangle the things I'm really guilty for from the things I've been made to feel guilty for, unjustly.

I am often in a similar situation because I deal with chronic illness.  I am always wondering if I was using being sick as an excuse or if it was a legitimate reason. I just confess it and let God untangle it. 
:pray: :pray: :pray: