Live to be 100 and beyond
We may be obsessed with looking younger, but we're in awe of the people who live to see their 100th birthdays and beyond. To what do these centenarians attribute their long, long lives? The answers may surprise you.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/od...09562.html
I don't think I'd want to live to 100.  Maybe 30.

My priest's mother is 98 though.  I wonder what her answer would be.
(05-09-2013, 09:21 AM)dark lancer Wrote: I don't think I'd want to live to 100.  Maybe 30.

My priest's mother is 98 though.  I wonder what her answer would be.

I'm not sure I want to get to 100 either, but 30 seems a bit low. I passed 30 almost 30 years ago, and life is still good.
So much is genetics. My great-grandmother on my dad's side, his maternal grandmother, lived to 104. The woman was like the granny from The Beverly Hillbillies. She dipped snuff, drank alcohol, ate everything fried and coated in sugar, salt or more lard-- she added sugar to home-squeezed orange juice for goodness sake. At something like 95 they took her ladder away because she kept climbing up on her tin-roof to clear branches and leaves; at 99 they finally took away her shotgun because she apparently could not see well anymore and tried to shoot her dog-- thinking it was a stray after her chickens; she passed at 104, spry as ever mentally but brought low by a broken hip from a fall. Had she not broken her hip, I have no idea how long she would have lived.

Some people with her diet and lifestyle wouldn't make it beyond 60.

I never thought I'd live past 50, but I'm now in my 60's, so I guess I'd be ready to go anytime He calls. Living to be 100 sounds like a kind of prison sentence.