Orthodoxy, TLM, NO
(05-15-2013, 03:15 AM)m.PR Wrote: So every individual soul out there who has converted from Orthodoxy to Catholicism, and the people who formed the so-called "uniate" churches -- they did not have bothered?

And the Orthodox are all Catholics, it's just that they don't know it?

And because they are blissfully unaware of their Catholicism, it is Ok for them to divorce, remarry, and contracept?

Well, that is why I compared the situation to the SSPX.  Objectively, the FSSP and other groups made up of former SSPXers who are now in communion with the Pope are in a better condition than those who remain "irregular."  It isn't a simple situation, in either case.
(05-15-2013, 10:30 AM)DustinsDad Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 01:41 AM)Parmandur Wrote:
(05-14-2013, 10:05 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: It has infallibly declared that outside the church there is no salvation. Objectively speaking, EO are outside the Church. If one wants to get into the subjective nuances of how an individual EO person MIGHT theoretically be united to the soul of the Mystical Body without being a visible member, that's one thing, but the situation we are describing here is another.

Sure, and applying the same rubric the way you do here would say that everyone who is in the SSPX or assists with them is damned, as they are not in regular communion with their Ordinary, which is schism.  You seem to be in an awful hurry to be more harsh in your judgements than the Church has been,

"Full communion" - "irregular communion" - 3/4 communion - Bah. Novel concepts invented after the council. More gobblitygook.

All I'm saying is that the SSPX hold the catholic faith and the EO do not. Without this faith it is impossible to please God.Holding this faith is certainly the bare minimum of being "properly disposed" to receive Holy Communion..

Er go, the status of the two are apples and oranges...not compatible.

That's why I said it was an analogy - clearly they are different situations, but there are also points of commonality.  Not being in regular communion with the Pope being a somewhat significant point of contact.  :eyeroll:
(05-15-2013, 01:33 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Well, that is why I compared the situation to the SSPX. 

I'd say the fact that the Orthodox have been in an "irregular" ecclesiastical situation for centuries instead of the SSPX's years, makes their situation far simpler than the SSPX's. And I'm no sympathizer of either.
(05-15-2013, 11:31 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 01:33 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Well, that is why I compared the situation to the SSPX. 

I'd say the fact that the Orthodox have been in an "irregular" ecclesiastical situation for centuries instead of the SSPX's years, makes their situation far simpler than the SSPX's. And I'm no sympathizer of either.

Fair enough.