Unhealthy Drinks to Avoid at the Supermarket
I don't know.  Maybe I should pay them.  The wrap might hold my car together a few more years.
(05-19-2013, 01:25 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Well every so often I like a diet cola and just have to have that bubbly sweet black drink.... in the middle of the day. I guess it's like my pick-me-up.

I understand that craving, I get it myself too often. I only drink soda with Splenda in it and sparingly at that. Of the artificial sweeteners out there, it probably has the fewest side effects. Aspartame (Equal) has a really long rap sheet of side effects and other untoward symptoms of having ingested the stuff. Among them are peripheral numbness, tingling, visual disturbances and changes in appetite...and no, not decreased appetite, sadly. The drug will block your body at feeling satiated after a carb-loaded meal. For example, when you go to McDonalds (I never do anymore, haven't eaten a thing from there in a few years) and order up a meal with a diet coke, soon afterwards you may feel hungry again. That is because the serotonin that your body produces, because you've eaten all those carbs, is blocked by the drug and you may actually eat more calories of something else, snacking, and blow all the 'savings' from having consumed the soda. Bad stuff.
It amazes me how people in my area can drink soft drinks like water-almost like the Europeans that drank beer instead of water.
I blame those prohibitionists Grin
And have you ever seen those people in supermarkets who grab a drink and drink it before they pay for it? Ugh.
Yeah, there's a lady in my exercise group who drinks diet coke between the various routines. I think if I did that I'd get as high as a kite.  LOL Then a little sick. It is like a drug, sort of.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(05-21-2013, 08:35 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I don't know.  Maybe I should pay them.  The wrap might hold my car together a few more years.

LOL
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton