I have preachers knee :-(
Can't kneel on my right knee. It looks deformed and disgusting. Like a golf ball size sack of fluid stuff just hanging off my knee. Strangely enough it's not painful unless I put a bit of pressure on it but I'm still able to go for runs and hit the gym thanks be to God.

Here's the lesson to learn from me: don't let it build up. I've been ignoring this knee for about a year and slowly but surely it's gotten to this point. I remember kneeling and thinking that I was probably doing damage but didn't care at the time because I was being a tough guy with my mortification. Now I am going into the Doc this week to get it drained. I had to stand at Mass for the whole time (one knee for consecration though) and I pray the Rosary lying down or walking.

Preachers knee sucks.
Bummer. sad( But, on the "bright side," now you can offer up all of the unpleasant aspects of the (really icky-sounding) condition as mortification. Right?  Smile Does too much kneeling actually cause this, or is there some other cause?
So sorry to hear. I hope the doc can fix it up for you.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(05-21-2013, 10:09 AM)Deidre Wrote: Bummer. sad( But, on the "bright side," now you can offer up all of the unpleasant aspects of the (really icky-sounding) condition as mortification. Right?  Smile Does too much kneeling actually cause this, or is there some other cause?

Too much kneeling/genuflections. When I was in the monastery we used to be on our knees for around 3 hours a day and constantly making genuflections for entering/exiting chapel getting blessings etc. I was very stupid about it because I felt it coming on but didn't bother to do anything. Only once I left the monastery a few weeks ago did it suddenly blow up. I can't kneel on it at all now which sucks because I'm the only server around here for TLM and since I can't kneel I can't really serve. Such is life! Have to go to Doc next week!

Thanks for the well wishes. First world problems I know. God blesses me with a dodgy knee while thousands of others suffer.
My Mom used to say: "That is just a splinter from The Cross!"

We all have our crosses to bear, Jesus said to pick up your Cross and follow Him. I don't recall any mention of a cot or mattress. The road is full of peril and challenges as well as the pleasantries.

So, when it comes to 'suffering', just always remember and never forget: You are unique, just like everyone else!

But seriously, we all have our crosses to bear and how we bear them is the most important facet of that truth. Personally, I consider it an honor to be able to, in some meek way, offer back to Jesus our pitiful sufferings in atonement for our sins and for the suffering He endured for us!