Pope Francis The Old Mass is Untouchable!
(05-28-2013, 10:10 PM)Geremia Wrote: His "more emancipated formation" reflects a completely different, contradicting theology than what the pre-Vatican II Mass does.

I think you are overplaying your hand here. There has been no indication thus far that Pope Francis is in any contradiction to any teaching of the theology of the Mass.
I think that it's the third sentence that translates into " The motu proprio Ratzinger of 2007, Summorum Pontificum, do not touch, and the 1962 Missal of John XXIII (which is the latest version of the Tridentine saint of Pope Pius V) is safe" Pope Francis says it plainly & stong.

It's true that I've been concerned, but these words from Francis have calmed my fears.
(05-29-2013, 08:07 AM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(05-28-2013, 10:10 PM)Geremia Wrote: His "more emancipated formation" reflects a completely different, contradicting theology than what the pre-Vatican II Mass does.

I think you are overplaying your hand here. There has been no indication thus far that Pope Francis is in any contradiction to any teaching of the theology of the Mass.
He says a Novus Ordo, no? The Novus Ordo upholds a very different theology than the Usus Antiquior, as the Ottaviani Intervention shows and Abp. Lefebvre's "Luther's Mass" lecture shows.
I'm the Debbie Downer, because emancipated = clowns

"Yes, Guido's cute little antiquities are quaint, but one day, he'll want to add some of my clowns! The children love clowns so very much."

I looked up that Padovano dude
who wanted to storm the bastille (kill the TLM) — careful, there's an RCC priest in Jersey with that name, right age group (V2 endorser in his 70s), with a NUN WIFE, so I thought I'd hit GOLD!

[Image: 2006_12_10_Koloff_PriestLives_ph_Anthony...dovano.jpg]

But I realized this guy is way too Wonder Bread to be someone Papa would talk to without a death squad present. (Bill Clinton is the ONLY exception to that rule in the history of man; I have no idea why).

So I made my search for "Bp Domenico Padovano."

And almost converted to NO Mass immediately because:

[Image: domenico-padovano.jpg]

AmIright?  :inlove:
But he's a complete SOCCER PLAYER. (I'm going to start watching soccer though.)

So I went to the next guy pictured. I know what these guys are supposed to look like (though if the Church got the soccer player, conversions would rise enormously):

[Image: padovano.jpg]

Yep; no question, THIS is what a Sicilian mob boss the Italian bishops look like. Only not so happy. So I found his wiki page — they don't have his picture :pray: Good, because talk about a mass exodus....

But his motto is, get this: Fraternitate invicem diligentes.  :sneaky: That's like, "I want to have sex with my brothers"? (gay AND incestuous!) But my Latin's rusty, so I'm not sure.

There wasn't anything particularly scandalous about him in search, so I YouTubed him! Mostly I found quick shots of his church, which will just make you mad because  it's yet another reminder that the NO Massers who want simplicity get the nice buildings. I'm thinking, GIVE THEM A FIELD! No irritating "altars" to stop a clown's natural movements; they could bless the rain so everyone gets soaked with holy water (and how interfaith could that be! Native Americans would run to this!)... yes, they really need to move NO mass to the fields; it would make everyone so happy!

But I finally found him, ...[un]fortunatley, my gaydar didn't read lavender. He DOES, however, seem a bit like The Godfather (esp with The Godfather soundtrack playing in the background); people are sitting around looking bored while he goes on about something and makes all these  Masonic-looking hand gestures. I think those are just the usual gestures of Sicilian mob bosses Italian bishops. Pretty much, except for the shot of Elijah's empty chair, the whole video is the same, though it is amusing because you know it's interfaith, and it looks like he's telling them who needs to be "whacked" (but he's holding up ONE finger to suggest ONE God):

[video=youtube]TelqzveSmB0[/video]

Yes, I see the Jewish! (Must be seder meal! Hello, #WaitingForElijah!) But he's definitely a "goodfella"; I just can't pin him down for anything else besides offending the Holy Father and spreading vile gossip. I'mma keep my eye on him though.

If I were Pope, and some dude came up to me in a blue shirt and suit/tie telling me the Trads are enemies, I'd whack him. I really wish the Holy Father would have at least defrocked this spreader of lies and deceit; it would have been a good show of faith. But he's the Holy Father; I suppose he doesn't need my input. Darnit.
StCeciliasGirl, you were born to late. You should have been a gossip columnist in the 40's and 50's. You're like a cross between Walter Winchell and Heda Hopper, and Rex Reed. The entertainment value in your writing is hilarious.

tim
That's an awesome post!  :LOL:
http://ncronline.org/blogs/distinctly-ca...ns-francis

Hey, Mr. Winters, Mr. Winters!  How d'you like them apples?
(05-29-2013, 11:20 AM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: But he's the Holy Father; I suppose he doesn't need my input. Darnit.

:clap:

I am going to go on record and say that I think the Holy Father actually could use your input.  Now, if we can only convince him. 
(05-29-2013, 12:31 PM)Tim Wrote: StCeciliasGirl, you were born to late. You should have been a gossip columnist in the 40's and 50's. You're like a cross between Walter Winchell and Heda Hopper, and Rex Reed. The entertainment value in your writing is hilarious.

tim

Tim -  :amen:

While your listing is impressive, I think your forgot Charlie Chan!   :asianbow:

I likewise agree with the hilarity feature  :LOL:

(Comic relief is not only wonderful, but much needed
         for the battered brain and exhausted emotions syndrom,
         which for Soldiers of Jesus Christ [Sacrament of Confirmation in action]
         in this day and age is nothing less than severe battle fatigue! :jabs:)

since I find sarcastic humor to be delightful because it is bluntness (a.k.a. - Truth on steroids! :salute:) wrapped up in the enigma of an ironic tongue-in-cheek parody  :tiphat:  the reasons for which camouflage all of the proverbial elephants in the room well know!

God Bless You!   :pray:

A-Catholic-Catholic:  Father Jim
(05-29-2013, 11:16 AM)Geremia Wrote:
(05-29-2013, 08:07 AM)Scriptorium Wrote:

He says a Novus Ordo, no? The Novus Ordo upholds a very different theology than the Usus Antiquior, as the Ottaviani Intervention shows and Abp. Lefebvre's "Luther's Mass" lecture shows.

I still hold that you are overplaying your hand. "Completely different" and "contradicting" are now "very different". I would say they are very similar, or in essential agreement. Cut from the same cloth, but with different emphases. Same theology. Different emphases.