Lose Poundsd at McDonalds?
(06-01-2013, 09:56 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 08:31 AM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 03:25 PM)dark lancer Wrote: People are fat because they buy cookies, beer, potato chips, and candy from the supermarket.  If everyone went to McDonald's and ate their salads and grilled chicken sandwiches, there wouldn't be an obesity epidemic.

Maybe not obese, but certainly not healthy. Just look at the crap in that "grilled chicken sandwich". It has artificial flavor in it, among other "choice" ingredients, and is cooked in oil with preservatives. McDonald's is definitely junk food.

McDonalds Wrote:McDonald’s uses a Canola blend cooking oil. All fried menu items in McDonald’s U.S. restaurants are now 0 grams trans fat per serving. This includes French Fries, Hash Browns, all non-grilled chicken choices and the Filet-O-Fish.

McDonalds Wrote:Grilled Chicken Fillet:
Chicken breast fillet with rib meat, water, seasoning (rice starch, salt, sugar, yeast extract, canola oil, onion powder, maltodextrin, chicken skin, paprika, flavor,
sunflower oil, chicken, garlic powder, chicken fat, spices), sodium phosphates.
Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid soybean oil and hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin,
mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color)

Huh. Since most of those ingredients would make me deathly ill, I'd sure lose weight. I wonder if he is malnourished in any way?
ok. so still nobodys watched Fathead yet. ok then...
(06-01-2013, 11:55 PM)MeredithA Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 03:25 PM)dark lancer Wrote: People are fat because they buy cookies, beer, potato chips, and candy from the supermarket.  If everyone went to McDonald's and ate their salads and grilled chicken sandwiches, there wouldn't be an obesity epidemic.

Maybe not obese, but certainly not healthy. Just look at the crap in that "grilled chicken sandwich". It has artificial flavor in it, among other "choice" ingredients, and is cooked in oil with preservatives. McDonald's is definitely junk food.

McDonalds Wrote:McDonald’s uses a Canola blend cooking oil. All fried menu items in McDonald’s U.S. restaurants are now 0 grams trans fat per serving. This includes French Fries, Hash Browns, all non-grilled chicken choices and the Filet-O-Fish.

Chicken breast fillet with rib meat, water, seasoning (rice starch, salt, sugar, yeast extract, canola oil, onion powder, maltodextrin, chicken skin, paprika, flavor,
Prepared with Liquid Margarine: Liquid soybean oil and hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, water, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin,
mono-and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color)

Huh. Since most of those ingredients would make me deathly ill, I'd sure lose weight. I wonder if he is malnourished in any way?

Which ingredients of those would make you deathly ill?  Are you allergic to paprika, maybe?
(06-03-2013, 09:04 PM)Gods Pitbull Wrote: ok. so still nobodys watched Fathead yet. ok then...

I watched it.  He ate low carb, high fat.  And he primarily ate at places like boston market, not McDonalds.
(06-03-2013, 09:04 PM)Gods Pitbull Wrote: ok. so still nobodys watched Fathead yet. ok then...

It's on Netflix. Not only is it better more sound info than Supersize me but it is even more entertaining. One of those documentaries I actually watch repeatedly for fun.
(06-03-2013, 09:10 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

Which ingredients of those would make you deathly ill?  Are you allergic to paprika, maybe?
The Liquid margarine may contain gluten, the wheat in hamburger buns & all bread does, the potassium sorbate is a no-no, as is the maltrodextin, and their lettuce is sprayed with a preservative. diarrhea special= weight loss!
(06-03-2013, 09:15 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote:

I watched it.  He ate low carb, high fat.  And he primarily ate at places like boston market, not McDonalds.

maybe u saw something else? Fathead replicates Supersize Me's experiment (yes McDonals) only without falsifying the results...
(06-03-2013, 11:48 PM)Gods Pitbull Wrote:

maybe u saw something else? Fathead replicates Supersize Me's experiment (yes McDonals) only without falsifying the results...

No that's what I watched.  He did eat at McDonald's every now and then, but he did not eat all McDonald's by any stretch.
(06-04-2013, 09:53 AM)miss_fluffy Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 11:48 PM)Gods Pitbull Wrote:

No that's what I watched.  He did eat at McDonald's every now and then, but he did not eat all McDonald's by any stretch.
(06-03-2013, 11:24 PM)MeredithA Wrote:
(06-03-2013, 09:10 PM)dark lancer Wrote:

The Liquid margarine may contain gluten, the wheat in hamburger buns & all bread does, the potassium sorbate is a no-no, as is the maltrodextin, and their lettuce is sprayed with a preservative. diarrhea special= weight loss!

Holy Communion has gluten.

Postassium sorbate is common in many foods, including wine, and has no known health effects in normal amounts.

Maltodextrin is in many foods.

The lettuce has no listed ingredients other than the lettuce.

You're basically picking on McDonald's for the same kind of food production everyone else uses.  They don't mix nuclear waste and pig meat rejects into their food or anything.