"Extreme Traditionalism" on Catholic Radio
I am willing to call in if you guys give me a question. I don't live in the USA so I will go to the front of the line. I am scared that I will end up arguing but I will try my best.
(05-31-2013, 09:50 AM)hbaldauf Wrote: Radio show will probably go something like this:

Catholic Answers Hosts are the French...Trads are the Britons

Hahahahahahaha!! Thanks for that blast from the past. Those uppity Frenchmen anyway!

I’m pretty sure the phone lines will be open to callers.  It will be interesting to see how many traditionalists actually listen and call in.  I noticed in the past year or so more questions about the SSPX and the “validity of their weddings and confessions.” I’m almost positive they’ll be addressing issues like that… as well as sedevacantism.
Do we really think sedes as Catholic though? I mean for all intents and purposes they are just protestants with better music and a nicer service.  :grin:

Still I used to be a regular listener of Catholic Answers live its not a bad show for the most part but they tend to contradict them selves too much its like watching a pretzel when it comes to in house (within the Church issues) this is of course to be expected, you can not ignore the last 50 years post VII and not be just all over the place regarding anything about the Faith unless you are a Trad or Lib those in the middle are well understandably confused.
(05-31-2013, 10:18 AM)Felix E Wrote: I am willing to call in if you guys give me a question. I don't live in the USA so I will go to the front of the line. I am scared that I will end up arguing but I will try my best.

Awesome!  Much of what I would want to ask is based upon what they end up saying.  However, I do think some good questions can be asked about comparisons between the OF and EF, particularly in how the OF is often done (e.g. no propers, no chant, no Latin, etc.) despite instruction to the contrary.  It is those things which often drive people to the EF in the first place.  In addition, comparisons such as this: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/column.php?n=2548 and this: http://heavenmeetsearth.tv/ are ripe for questions. 

Peace,
(05-31-2013, 10:14 AM)St. Pius of Trent Wrote: When it comes to sedes, the few times they let them talk on the radio, the sedes make some hay and then they get cut off.

I wonder if this time they will actually invite sedes to call in -- the way they do non-Catholics. It seems wrong to give a platform for non-Catholics, even anti-Catholics to speak on their radio show, while cutting off traditionalists, radical or otherwise.

Catholic Answers gets my blood boiling. Sometimes I need to turn it off and sometimes I need to listen and get angry. Listening is either a guilty pleasure or a penance. There are sooooooooooo many "apologists" these days, hogging up the airwaves, and that's why they contradict each other. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Also, much of their "Catholic Answers" are not official church teaching, but pious opinions and elaborations on the catechism and canon law.  That's my opinion.
(05-31-2013, 10:28 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: Do we really think sedes as Catholic though? I mean for all intents and purposes they are just protestants with better music and a nicer service.  :grin:

Unless the forum definition has changed, per the definition of the forum, they are.

It is likewise against the rules to post in a way that would invite a debate about sedevacantism. They may not promote it, and neither may anyone post in a way that invites debate on the topic. Your post, however, does just that and takes a cheap shot at sedevacantists, implicitly accusing them of heresy; nevertheless, the forum rules prevent them from defending themselves. If a sedevacantist had implicitly accused you of being a Modernist heretic on this forum, however, I'm sure you would feel the desire and right to want to defend yourself.

I think it would be best if you abide by the rules you would have them follow.
(05-31-2013, 10:18 AM)Felix E Wrote: I am willing to call in if you guys give me a question. I don't live in the USA so I will go to the front of the line. I am scared that I will end up arguing but I will try my best.

Ask about if an ordinary of a diocese can grant faculties to an SSPX priest. Mention this recent bit of news:

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/05...hurch.html

Also, if it is mentioned that they are 'schismatic' ask if one is excommunicated for going to them. Mention the Hawaii six, and Cardinal Ratzinger overturning an excommunication of laymen who attended SSPX masses and were excommunicated by their hawaiian bishop. Card. Ratzinger said they were not excommunicated because they attended a catholic mass.

http://www.sspx.org/diocesan_dialogues/honolulu_&_hawaii6.htm
(05-31-2013, 10:41 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Also, much of their "Catholic Answers" are not official church teaching, but pious opinions and elaborations on the catechism and canon law.

It's funny. No one has informed them of this.
(05-31-2013, 10:28 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: Do we really think sedes as Catholic though? I mean for all intents and purposes they are just protestants with better music and a nicer service.  :grin:

What a stupid comment.
Felix what if you asked them since the Motu Proprio issued by Pope Benedict XVI, we know the TLM was Never abrogated, why then did the Bishops persecute and punish the priests which continued to celebrate the Mass especially they had no authority to do this ? Having been there it seemed to me this was the real reason so many priests, nuns, and laymen left the Church ? Hmm ?

tim