"Extreme Traditionalism" on Catholic Radio
(05-31-2013, 11:22 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 10:28 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: Do we really think sedes as Catholic though? I mean for all intents and purposes they are just protestants with better music and a nicer service.  :grin:

Unless the forum definition has changed, per the definition of the forum, they are.

It is likewise against the rules to post in a way that would invite a debate about sedevacantism. They may not promote it, and neither may anyone post in a way that invites debate on the topic. Your post, however, does just that and takes a cheap shot at sedevacantists, implicitly accusing them of heresy; nevertheless, the forum rules prevent them from defending themselves. If a sedevacantist had implicitly accused you of being a Modernist heretic on this forum, however, I'm sure you would feel the desire and right to want to defend yourself.

I think it would be best if you abide by the rules you would have them follow.

That is very well stated, as almost all posting by INPEFESS are.  I recall awhile back when the question of why Fisheaters doesn't allow discssion of the "theological position regarding the chair" (that is a phrase that CMRI often uses to refer to sedevacantism, which I've always liked ~ speaking of the phrase, not the position).  Quis, when he was moderator of the forum, stated that he regarded sedevacantists as Catholics and he didn't want them bashed on the forum.  He also disagreed profoundly with their theological position and didn't want it promoted on the forum.
I hope that we will be able to discuss the questions and answers from the radio program, even if it includes sedevacantism, which I'm sure it will.
Thanks for posting about this - I've been down with stomach flu and this should cheer me up (I'll be listening at 10pm my time) - if calls from Europe really do get pushed to the front of the queue, I'd be up for asking one of your questions if you guys would like. 
Hey Felix, have these quotes handy from Vatican 1:

13. For the doctrine of the faith which God has revealed is put forward not as some philosophical discovery capable of being perfected by human intelligence, but as a divine deposit committed to the spouse of Christ to be faithfully protected and infallibly promulgated.
14. Hence, too, that meaning of the sacred dogmas is ever to be maintained which has once been declared by Holy mother Church, and there must never be any abandonment of this sense under the pretext or in the name of a more profound understanding.
May understanding, knowledge and wisdom increase as ages and centuries roll along, and greatly and vigorously flourish, in each and all, in the individual and the whole Church: but this only in its own proper kind, that is to say, in the same doctrine, the same sense, and the same understanding [36].

Canon 4.3 3. If anyone says that it is possible that at some time, given the advancement of knowledge, a sense may be assigned to the dogmas propounded by the Church which is different from that which the Church has understood and understands: let him be anathema.

Get em to agree that they accept them. Then hit em with:

"The Most Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that none of those existing outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans, but also Jews, heretics, and schismatics can ever be partakers of eternal life, but that they are to go into the eternal fire ‘which was prepared for the devil and his angels,’ "(Mt. 25:41) "unless before death they are joined with Her; and that so important is the unity of this Ecclesiastical Body, that only those remaining within this unity can profit from the sacraments of the Church unto salvation, and that they alone can receive an eternal recompense for their fasts, almsdeeds, and other works of Christian piety and duties of a Christian soldier. No one, let his almsgiving be as great as it may, no one, even if he pour out his blood for the Name of Christ, can be saved unless they abide within the bosom and unity of the Catholic Church. (council of Florence)

I'll be listening in my car. Hooha!
(05-31-2013, 12:56 PM)Tim Wrote: Felix what if you asked them since the Motu Proprio issued by Pope Benedict XVI, we know the TLM was Never abrogated, why then did the Bishops persecute and punish the priests which continued to celebrate the Mass especially they had no authority to do this ? Having been there it seemed to me this was the real reason so many priests, nuns, and laymen left the Church ? Hmm ?

tim

Well that ought to get some panties in a bunch.
Yes, I hope someone brings up the doctrinal issues regarding traditionalism. It's not just about the Latin Mass. Felix and Loggats, it is true that callers outside the U.S. will get pushed to the front. That's good for you, since you are something like 5 hours ahead. Is that right? It'll be almost midnight your time! 
I am a bit dismayed that Tim Staples was chosen to be the guest on this show. He is quite longwinded and takes up a lot of air time with his over explanations.
(05-31-2013, 03:44 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I am a bit dismayed that Tim Staples was chosen to be the guest on this show. He is quite longwinded and takes up a lot of air time with his over explanations.

Could be worse, it could be Fr Mitch Paquaw (sp?). I find him tortuous to listen to.
(05-31-2013, 03:39 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: Yes, I hope someone brings up the doctrinal issues regarding traditionalism. It's not just about the Latin Mass. Felix and Loggats, it is true that callers outside the U.S. will get pushed to the front. That's good for you, since you are something like 5 hours ahead. Is that right? It'll be almost midnight your time! 

Oh poo. I forgot all about time zones. DOH! I am afraid I will be in sleep mode by the time this comes on!

PLEASE SOMEONE CALL IN AND ASK THE FOLLOWING SINCE IT IS WHAT I WAS GOING TO ASK:

Quote:Tim, correct me if I am wrong but I get the impression that you and CA think and promote the idea that the faithful are not allowed to believe that the Extraordinary Form is better than the new Mass despite the fact that we are allowed to believe it - based on this my question is firstly why you believe such a thing (if you do) and secondly do you not believe that saying this will actually lead Catholics into sedevacantism when they are told that despite their sensus catholicus they must accept the new Mass as perfectly traditional and good as a Rite
(05-31-2013, 03:53 PM)DustinsDad Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 03:44 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: I am a bit dismayed that Tim Staples was chosen to be the guest on this show. He is quite longwinded and takes up a lot of air time with his over explanations.

Could be worse, it could be Fr Mitch Paquaw (sp?). I find him tortuous to listen to.

He's a very learned man but all his dithering can become a little bit irritating unfortunately. Definitely more enjoyable to read than listen to, usually.