BSA and gay man saved by gay priest
Here is a quote from the article "Bremerton Catholic pastor pulls parish out of the Boy Scouts."

Savage writes that he realized he was gay after entering a Catholic high school for boys who were thinking about becoming priests.

When Savage came out to his mother, on impulse she called a priest:

“Father Tom” came rushing over, writes Savage.  “Sitting on the front porch, my mother broke down in tears and told Father Tom why she was so upset: ‘Danny says he’s gay.’

“Father Tom put his hand on my mother’s knee and said, ‘So am I, Judy.’  The priest explained hiding from his sexuality, and later trying to drown his homosexuality in alcoholism. He assured my mother that it was better for me to live this way — it was better for me to come out, even to her, especially to her — than to live the life that he had lived.

“Whenever someone asks if I was abused by a Catholic priests — and you would be surprised how often gay Catholic adults are asked that question — I always say no.  I was never abused by a priest.  I was saved by one.”

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitic...oy-scouts/
More "lesser of two evils" thinking involved there.
(06-01-2013, 01:34 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: More "lesser of two evils" thinking involved there.

Yeah, especially since 'Danny' went on to become not only a 'gay rights activist' with an 'husband' but also an apologist for and defender of every sexual perversion known to man on the basis of 'if it feels good, do it'! :eyeroll:
Too bad Fr. Tom wasn't on a bender that day, unavailable for this intervention, as he sure didn't straighten the situation out. Or maybe Dan Savage is just making things up to facilitate his agenda. Either way, I thought Savage was Jewish. Weird.
The Devil is plying his trade very openly these days!
:LOL:
This is actually really sad for all those involved: mother, son and priest.
(06-01-2013, 10:45 PM)PioBenedict16 Wrote: This is actually really sad for all those involved: mother, son and priest.

Uh, no it's not. The mom had NO PULSE on her kid, where's the dad in all this, mom called her gay priest from their gay church, and they helped pave Satan's path in "conditioning" Catholics about a new "truth". It's not sad; it's a sign of the times.

:popcorn:
(06-01-2013, 08:06 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: Or maybe Dan Savage is just making things up to facilitate his agenda.

Can you really imagine a pervert like Savage defending the Church unless it was true? I can't! The man is an icon of the sick, twisted perversion of today's society. If he says something in defence of the Church, I believe him! :)
But he didn't defend the Church, he defended a gay priest who told him he should be gay and that his mom should accept it.

In fact, he consistently bashes the Church and doctrine.