BSA and gay man saved by gay priest
(06-01-2013, 11:25 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 10:45 PM)PioBenedict16 Wrote: This is actually really sad for all those involved: mother, son and priest.

Uh, no it's not. The mom had NO PULSE on her kid, where's the dad in all this, mom called her gay priest from their gay church, and they helped pave Satan's path in "conditioning" Catholics about a new "truth". It's not sad; it's a sign of the times.

:popcorn:

precisely why I thought it is sad
Unfortunately the parish priest in the article who has barred the boy scouts from meeting in the church has some really twisted notions about the causes of homosexuality.  Lack of hand-eye coordination........really?  Did this priest go to medical school?  Has he done research?  He's not helping his cause.....
(06-02-2013, 10:55 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: But he didn't defend the Church, he defended a gay priest who told him he should be gay and that his mom should accept it.

In fact, he consistently bashes the Church and doctrine.

I didn't read the article linked to, but am hoping the priest didn't say he "should" be gay.  But being honest about who one is makes sense to me, and accepting others how they are makes sense, too. Of course the mother should accept it; it is what it is. To not accept it is to not accept reality, which is the definition of insanity. Her kid's gay. His being gay doesn't mean he should act on his impulses, but I see no good whatsoever denying the Truth, creating an atmosphere in which homosexuals feel they should hide who they are (and, so, not get help, suffer alone, end up as suicides, etc.).  I want homosexuals out of the closet, open and honest about who they are, happy, and living chaste lives, and I want Catholics to love them like crazy instead of forcing them into the shadows, into the seminaries to hide who they are, into marriages that are doomed to be miserable, into graves after killing themselves out of shame for an inclination they have little to no control over, etc. People are so ridiculous on all sides of this stuff.

(06-02-2013, 05:51 PM)lumine Wrote: Unfortunately the parish priest in the article who has barred the boy scouts from meeting in the church has some really twisted notions about the causes of homosexuality.   Lack of hand-eye coordination........really?  Did this priest go to medical school?  Has he done research?  He's not helping his cause.....

Fr. Derek Lappe is a fine priest, offers many opportunities for both young and old in the parish to learn and live the faith, offers TLM, and traditional baptisms and sometimes concelebrates with the FSSP. Are you only reading from the article or dud you read his personal letter. It isn't about what he thinks/feels. His actual letter includes citations.
Without examination, a priest should say, "Oh, goody Junior! Jolly ho, you've figured it all out and you're barely 12!" ???

Um, okay when I went to the priest w/ my fiancee, he didn't do that. It was like, "Lifetime decision, we're going to do some talking, here's some literature, we'll ask the Bish, &c." And this was a priest who'd actually feared I was lesbian (I "self-identified" as asexual but didn't feel a call to any vocation), and he was THRILLED about me bringing a guy in, and us wanting to do things right.

It's "examination".

I don't like how all these parents are being told, "Gay's okay" in this society that gays up kids (makes them play with ribbons; and the gun laws in Maryland are so ridiculous that kids are punished for drawing pictures of guns; they're fed crap like, "How to masturbate" and all sorts of base "teachings" and we're to expect them to discern their sexual preference? Before they're adults? HELLO! We don't even let them choose to drink before 21.  :O

A child can't discern jack, under law, until said child is 16 or (varies by state). We've got this case now where a 14 yo girl is hooking up with an 18 yo woman, and it's a question if that's statutory rape or not. If it were an 18 yo MALE, you can bet your bottom dollar he'd be at Rikers or another such prison for "sex abusers"; but OUR SOCIETY thinks it's just spiffy for an 18 yo woman to do the exact same thing (minus mechanics) with the 14 yo girl. That's sexist and borders on fascism. At this rate, they'll have to resolve it by simply lowering the age of consent to SIX (that way, paedos can have rights, as well).

This is why Papa BXVI said no more gay seminarians; they don't think with the right head (obviously, from the post above). I've known "reformed gays": they don't reform the way people say, but through later discernment after peer pressure to try new things. That is, they weren't gay to begin with, and probably would have benefited from a priest or parent who said, "Wait and see; what's the rush! Here's a sacramental; pray about it."

But no: we get Fr. Quick Draw McGraw and Blind as a Bat Mama (with Husband In Absentia) telling Junior "good discerning there, son, now go start a revolution." (Which is what he did, so I'm assuming that's some of his "discernment".)

Sorry, this is a story of a fallen culture and I am NOT a reactionary; this is simple REASON. Or tell me why my husband and I went through a LONG process to get married  because the Church wanted us to be sure in our discernment, but if a KID says he's gay, no discernment necessary?
(06-02-2013, 06:41 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 10:55 AM)jonbhorton Wrote: But he didn't defend the Church, he defended a gay priest who told him he should be gay and that his mom should accept it.

In fact, he consistently bashes the Church and doctrine.

I didn't read the article linked to, but am hoping the priest didn't say he "should" be gay.  But being honest about who one is makes sense to me, and accepting others how they are makes sense, too. Of course the mother should accept it; it is what it is. To not accept it is to not accept reality, which is the definition of insanity. Her kid's gay. His being gay doesn't mean he should act on his impulses, but I see no good whatsoever denying the Truth, creating an atmosphere in which homosexuals feel they should hide who they are (and, so, not get help, suffer alone, end up as suicides, etc.).  I want homosexuals out of the closet, open and honest about who they are, happy, and living chaste lives, and I want Catholics to love them like crazy instead of forcing them into the shadows, into the seminaries to hide who they are, into marriages that are doomed to be miserable, into graves after killing themselves out of shame for an inclination they have little to no control over, etc. People are so ridiculous on all sides of this stuff.

The article has nothing to do with the quote from Dan Savage, as quoted in the OP: "He assured my mother that it was better for me to live this way — it was better for me to come out, even to her, especially to her — than to live the life that he had lived."

Now, of course we weren't there and have only the words of a man with an agenda. Live this way means... what? Well, given the way Savage is living, I must assume active homosexuality and not just be chaste due to SSA. The implication is that pushing down his homosexuality would lead to alcoholism. Admitting a tendency, sure, go ahead. But to live it out? Not at all.

Lappe cites a long list of possible causes for same-sex attraction.

Included on the list:  “Social phobia or extreme shyness,” “Sexual abuse or rape,” “Lack of hand/eye coordination and resultant teasing by peers (boys),” “Dislike of team sports (boys),” “Lack of rough and tumble play (boys),” “Mother emotionally unavailable (girls)” and “Parents failed to encourage same-sex identification.”

Being a fine priest, offering the TLM, and so on do not make this man's assertions credible.  Citations wouldn't make his assertions credible.  Dislike of team sports?        This is like putting Dear Abby in the same league with Thomas Aquinas.......Oy........

(06-02-2013, 11:15 PM)FaithandLove Wrote:
(06-02-2013, 05:51 PM)lumine Wrote: Unfortunately the parish priest in the article who has barred the boy scouts from meeting in the church has some really twisted notions about the causes of homosexuality.   Lack of hand-eye coordination........really?  Did this priest go to medical school?  Has he done research?  He's not helping his cause.....

Fr. Derek Lappe is a fine priest, offers many opportunities for both young and old in the parish to learn and live the faith, offers TLM, and traditional baptisms and sometimes concelebrates with the FSSP. Are you only reading from the article or dud you read his personal letter. It isn't about what he thinks/feels. His actual letter includes citations.
I don't know if all those things cause SSA or not but you do see them often in those with SSA.
No, that's not how "gay" works. Eg, Jason Collins (basketball) just came out, though I'm sure there's a real witch hunt atmosphere in pro sports. One of those gossip columnists swear there's at least a few gays in pro football, and like this article suggests, the way those guys horse around (probably do things with women to make sure someone isn't gay), they say pro football's just not ready yet.

Yet... which means they know gays are there, but make the gays have to prove otherwise (which is torture, but if the guy goes along with it, I don't feel sorry for him. Oh no; too many people have SAID "no" before to make that sob story fly). And all these depraved souls will one day get richer telling all their stories about how non-inclusive they used to be. <--- I don't want to hear it. I don't care, and I think they'll burn in Hell forever. Adultery is adultery and it's infected everything like a disease, and the world followed, and is proud of it. I know people who aren't gay but act gay or "try it" to see if they might be gay (know as in, they talked about it, and I never talked to them again, cause that's sick); makes gays mad, too :LOL:

But it's not just gay; that's the thing: it's modesty, adultery, divorce, and everything that has become not only "okay", but expected; people thinking it's a way to be "sophisticated" when all it does is flush your soul. Those football jocks NEVER should have judged the gay man — it's the height of hypocrisy: yes, gay sex is an abomination, but adultery at all is a 10 C, and to willfully break one of the basic tenets of decency (Catholic or not!) over and over again ...THAT'S an abomination, too. Jesus said it without using the word "abomination", but it means the same thing: if you can't keep the commandments, no Kingdom of Heaven (which used to be the Church but obviously isn't anymore) for you; no Kingdom, no beatific vision. They're the damned. And they WANT to be the damned.

Here's the tweet that caused the fuss:

Quote:All these beautiful women in the [world] and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH…

He's joking; and he's making a statement; but the truth is he WANTS "all these beautiful women" — what makes his lust any more wholesome than gay lust? Not one thing. God doesn't want Hines Ward's penis in anything other than one wife; doesn't want Ward looking at women like meat; doesn't want him throwing his philosophy around.

Once God's definition of Marriage (a Sacrament no less) got legally flushed, our whole society went with it. I think my kids are going to have to move to freakin Tunisia or up in the Himalayas to avoid Sodom. I feel the pain of Abram and Lot. We all should, really. And we should all realize that once a community is fallen, Abram can pray and beg all he wants, but um... yeah.