Father Greeley's Secret?
Matt Abbott reminds readers on the Renew America site that in his book Furthermore! Memories of a Parish Priest--published in 1999, well before the sex-abuse scandal reached its peak—the late Father Andrew Greeley made a sensational charge. Some priests in the Chicago area were involved in a “ring of predators,” Father Greeley charged. And not only that:

They are a dangerous group. There is reason to believe that they are responsible for at least one murder and may perhaps have been involved in the murder of the murderer.
The irrepressible Father Greeley said that he personally was not afraid of this nefarious crowd. Why?

They know that I have in safekeeping information which would implicate them. I am more of a threat to them dead than alive.
Now Father Greeley is dead. Is he a threat to that cabal? Will the information that he claimed to have withheld come to light after his death? Or was he exaggerating things: either the extent of a conspiracy among child-molesters, or the importance of his own evidence against them, or both?

My guess is that the story died with Father Greeley, and we’ll never hear anything more about it. But the sensational charge, aired more than a decade ago, leaves some unanswered questions about the Chicago archdiocese. Were there (and are there now) some priests involved in an unspeakably evil conspiracy? Or was there a prominent priest of the archdiocese making reckless accusations against his colleagues? Neither possibility is reassuring.

http://www.catholicculture.org/commentar...cfm?id=588
Three very influential Catholic Businessmen approached Father Greely and asked him to give them the details and he refused as the article said. There is a very important difference. He said these were not the homosexuals that are the "predators" like those which have been caught. He called them the Lavender Mafia and said they run most chanceries in the US. In other words they are kingpins, not bad wicked parish priests.

The businessmen then went to Cardinal George and asked him to make Fr. Greely tell him who they were, and that's where the remark about the death of Pelligrini at St. Anthony of Padua is mentioned.  Archbishop Bernardin was the first on the scene before the Police. When the police arrived he was tidying up and the police gave him a pass as he was an Archbishop. Fr. Greely refused to give Cardinal George the names of these Lavender mafiosi, saying he was more dangerous dead than alive. The murder in it's details was similar to Fr. Kunz in Dane Wisconsin, and the Lavender Mafia is suspected.

I do not know the businessmen names but I have some anecdotal evidence one is a man that is lawyer and a radio and television personality. If he is one of the three he'll get the information, unless Cardinal George passes first..Father Greely has said in print that bringing Archbishop Bernardin was a plot of the liberals to get rid of Cardinal Cody. Fr.Greely had written a novel called the Cardinal Sins, and everyone here believed he was aiming at Cardinal Cody.From fr. Greely's words in print he and the liberals were not happy about bringing Archbishop Bernardin here. He never said why, he just expressed displeasure.

tim

(06-02-2013, 07:18 AM)Tim Wrote: Three very influential Catholic Businessmen approached Father Greely and asked him to give them the details and he refused as the article said. There is a very important difference. He said these were not the homosexuals that are the "predators" like those which have been caught. He called them the Lavender Mafia and said they run most chanceries in the US. In other words they are kingpins, not bad wicked parish priests.

The businessmen then went to Cardinal George and asked him to make Fr. Greely tell him who they were, and that's where the remark about the death of Pelligrini at St. Anthony of Padua is mentioned.   Archbishop Bernardin was the first on the scene before the Police. When the police arrived he was tidying up and the police gave him a pass as he was an Archbishop. Fr. Greely refused to give Cardinal George the names of these Lavender mafiosi, saying he was more dangerous dead than alive. The murder in it's details was similar to Fr. Kunz in Dane Wisconsin, and the Lavender Mafia is suspected.

I do not know the businessmen names but I have some anecdotal evidence one is a man that is lawyer and a radio and television personality. If he is one of the three he'll get the information, unless Cardinal George passes first..Father Greely has said in print that bringing Archbishop Bernardin was a plot of the liberals to get rid of Cardinal Cody. Fr.Greely had written a novel called the Cardinal Sins, and everyone here believed he was aiming at Cardinal Cody.From fr. Greely's words in print he and the liberals were not happy about bringing Archbishop Bernardin here. He never said why, he just expressed displeasure.

tim

Tim, I have heard of the Lavendar Mafia before but am not quite certain as to what they are, a group of homosexualists? Thanks
The Lavender Mafia is a cabal of homosexual priests that have infiltrated the entire Church. By their disordered nature they are passive aggressive meaning they appear like darlings but are really murderers. There is a very good chance many are commies because in an all male organization the commies recruit male whores that are willing to use sex as a weapon against the straight targets.Think James Bond as queer with a double 0 liscense to kill.

This site has stopped it's work in 2010, but they have left it up with some information still there. Check it out, but be warned it gets nasty.

http://rcf.org/

tim
(06-02-2013, 07:18 AM)Tim Wrote: Three very influential Catholic Businessmen approached Father Greely and asked him to give them the details and he refused as the article said. There is a very important difference. He said these were not the homosexuals that are the "predators" like those which have been caught. He called them the Lavender Mafia and said they run most chanceries in the US. In other words they are kingpins, not bad wicked parish priests.

The businessmen then went to Cardinal George and asked him to make Fr. Greely tell him who they were, and that's where the remark about the death of Pelligrini at St. Anthony of Padua is mentioned.   Archbishop Bernardin was the first on the scene before the Police. When the police arrived he was tidying up and the police gave him a pass as he was an Archbishop. Fr. Greely refused to give Cardinal George the names of these Lavender mafiosi, saying he was more dangerous dead than alive. The murder in it's details was similar to Fr. Kunz in Dane Wisconsin, and the Lavender Mafia is suspected.

tim
I had heard some very not good things about Cardinal Bernardin ... was part of the cover-up crowd, if not a member of the LM itself. Havent heard of this Cardinal Cody ot Fr Greely. Good guys? Bad guys? Keeping names of dangerous predators within the Church secret doesnt sound good to me. Even if it was to keep his own butt safe, it doesnt sound good.
If we get the information on these guys then we can know what is what. Right now it's vague partial facts and suspicions.

tim
Well, this would explain why someone like Bernard Cardinal Law was assigned a position in the Vatican...to get him away from prosecution.  His fate should have been like the bishop further west in the U.S. who was convicted for his role in that terrible, ongoing sin and tragedy of cover up and shuffle around.......my, my.....
If Fr. Greely has given the info. to a third party to be published on his death, this could blow sky high.

tim
(06-02-2013, 08:02 PM)Tim Wrote: If Fr. Greely has given the info. to a third party to be published on his death, this could blow sky high.

tim

I really hope it does.

(06-02-2013, 05:39 PM)lumine Wrote: Well, this would explain why someone like Bernard Cardinal Law was assigned a position in the Vatican...to get him away from prosecution.  His fate should have been like the bishop further west in the U.S. who was convicted for his role in that terrible, ongoing sin and tragedy of cover up and shuffle around.......my, my.....

It was ridiculous how apologists on other Catholic forums were arguing that John Paul II moved Law to Rome because of the "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" principle, as though it were actually a punishment instead of a promotion.
Cardinal Bernardin had the gay choir sing at his funeral, that spoke volumnes. I very much doubt Father Greeley gave any information to anybody, he was hardly an orthodox Catholic, he seemed to love the spotlight. As for his accusations just ask those men who were harrassed out of seminaries in the past decades by these homosexual priests. As for whether they killed anybody i have yet to see an evidence just hearsay.