Remembrance as sacrifice?
Hoping you knowledgable Fisheaters can help me out on this one. 

I had heard 'somewhere' that the only time the word remembrance was used in the bible, it meant a sacrifice.  If true, this will help me present the truth of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass to people who say, "Even Jesus said it was something to do just to remember Him and what He did"  I can't find any solid articles or links to help me on this.

Thank you in advance! 

Pax,
Cassandra
Is the Wikipedia article on "anamnesis" the sort of thing you want?  It starts:

Quote:Anamnesis (from the Attic Greek word ἀνάμνησις meaning reminiscence and/or memorial sacrifice)[1], in Christianity is a liturgical statement in which the Church refers to the memorial character of the Eucharist and/or to the Passion, Resurrection and Ascension of Christ. It has its origin in Jesus' words at the Last Supper, "Do this in memory of me" (Ancient Greek: "τοῦτο ποιεῖτε εἰς τὴν ἐμὴν ἀνάμνησιν", (Luke 22:19, 1 Corinthians 11:24-25).
You'll need to first look at the prefiguring Passover lamb, and the Jewish concept of Passover actually occurring in a mystical way each Passover, to understand the significance in total of remembrance as occurring. Passover-actual occurred once in history, but occurred each year in a mystical manner to the Jews. Calvary, being the fulfillment of the prefiguring type also occurred once in history, but occurs mystically in a bloodless re-presentation each time, in "remembrance"-- mystical occurrence, not recalling with stopping there.

I can't link right now as I'm on phone, but look up Dr. Brant Pitre's "The Jewish Roots of the Eucharist" on YouTube. It's about an hour long, available from Lighthouse media on CD, and answers this objection with in-depth explanation showing the continuity of the Old to New Covenants.
Here's the video/presentation:

From Sacrosanctum Concilium;

47. At the Last Supper, on the night when He was betrayed, our Saviour instituted the eucharistic sacrifice of His Body and Blood. He did this in order to perpetuate the sacrifice of the Cross throughout the centuries until He should come again, and so to entrust to His beloved spouse, the Church, a memorial of His death and resurrection: a sacrament of love, a sign of unity, a bond of charity [36], a paschal banquet in which Christ is eaten, the mind is filled with grace, and a pledge of future glory is given to us [37].

http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_counc...um_en.html